Thread: Engine power and torque

Potential Tuner

Engine power and torque

Hi all -

Newbie here at using TA and RaceRender. I was able to get everything connected: GoPoint, GoPro 3, iPhone. I'm getting great results, I am able to marry the video with the data in RaceRender without problems.
    I wish however that I could add thru the RaceRender interface the engine power, engine torque, and boost. For some reason, I can't figure out how to do that. Looking at the .CSV files, those don't seem to be recorded, and I can't figure out how to add them to the data log. Is that possible?

For boost, you mainly just need to log Intake Manifold Pressure, and then there's a little bit of manual setup in RaceRender to create the gauge... There's some info on that in this thread: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...splay-on-video

As for engine power and torque, those are not provided by standardized (SAE) OBD-II parameters, and there's unfortunately not a way to capture them in TrackAddict right now. Calculating them from actual performance is one idea that I've played with over the years... I know there are some apps that offer that, but this has many variables to take into account and I think it really warrants more work to ensure a quality and reasonably repeatable result before we'd release anything for that. If we're going to do it, I want to make sure we set the bar high and do it well, and there will still undoubtedly be caveats with that data. The power and torque stuff you may see in RaceRender right now is mainly based on visualizing actual dyno data provided by a DynoJet, Mustang Dyno, etc., but could also work if we add calculations to TrackAddict in the future.