Thread: 4l80e problems

Potential Tuner

4l80e problems

This is my 1st ls swap anf im a newb at hp tuners. I have a 2001 5.3L with a old design 80e and wondering if the factory settings that the pcm from th 2001 are right for the older 80e? The trans was supposed to be rebuilt from the trans shop I bought it at but it's slipping in 3rd and the shifts feel like a slush box. I took it to another trans guy that I know personally and he says it's getting max line pressure in reverse for some reason. He's going to pull it and go thru the trans, he wanted to look at my hp tuners program to see if anything looks out of scale but didn't see anything. And also I'm getting high voltage code for maf.

Did you perform a segment swap for the 4L80e swap assuming you are using a 5.3/4L60e computer??
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    When I licenced the computer it already showed 4l80e when I looked at transmission general tab. I'm guessing because of the stand alone harness it registered the 80e

Potential Tuner
    I forgot about i changed the pcm. it's a p59 computer from a 2004 2500hd
    I put that on in so I could have dbw And cruise foe the 65c10 And saved the dbc pcm for my Malibu I'm building with a th400. When I pulled up compared file from my 2500hd it shows the same thru segment swapper. It must be a used trans they just put a paint job on. I guess I got ripped off.