Thread: Help! 2011 Corvette lost ECM comm

Tuner

Help! 2011 Corvette lost ECM comm

Not sure what happened. I was parked with engine idling making some minor tune changes. Shut off the car and went to flash a new tune. Hp Tuners didn?t flash the tune and said ?unlicensed vehicle? which I?ve never seen before. I tried again and same thing. Car won?t start now. Only DTC is U0100 lost communication with ECM. I can read TCM but not ECM. Is the ECM bricked?? I?m dead in a parking lot now and can?t read or write to the car. Pushing start button does nothing and then about 10 seconds later the Gauges sweep and DIC says service traction system, service active handling, service fuel system, low fuel
    2002 EB C5Z06. ECS Novi, Alky control meth & headers, 633 rwhp

Senior Tuner
    Curious which HPT interface are you using?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    Curious which HPT interface are you using?
    MPVI Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by turboffr View Post
    MPVI Pro.
    I know this is redundant but ive seen lost communication for a u0100 reason something as simple as low battery voltage to bad ecu
    Please this may help
    1 disconnect your battery
    2 if this fails you have to resort to wiring diagrams and find the pic on the ecu plug that mathes the obd 2 port if you give me the vin it may help.
    3 cigarette lighter fuse provides power to most obd2 connectors make sure you have a 12 volt supply on one of the pins in your obd2. I am not sure which one off hand.
    try this first if you have problems aftwards i have access to mitchell diagrams for all vehicles and can guide you through wiring checks.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jpierro79 View Post
    I know this is redundant but ive seen lost communication for a u0100 reason something as simple as low battery voltage to bad ecu
    Please this may help
    1 disconnect your battery
    2 if this fails you have to resort to wiring diagrams and find the pic on the ecu plug that mathes the obd 2 port if you give me the vin it may help.
    3 cigarette lighter fuse provides power to most obd2 connectors make sure you have a 12 volt supply on one of the pins in your obd2. I am not sure which one off hand.
    try this first if you have problems aftwards i have access to mitchell diagrams for all vehicles and can guide you through wiring checks.
    Thanks. I just disconnected the battery and put a charger on it. The date code is 12/17 and seemed to be fine but I'll leave it on the charge overnight and try again tomorrow. I'll also check the cig lighter fuse.

Senior Tuner
    If the power light comes on on the MPVI with it plugged into the ALDL and not plugged into the laptop then ALDL has power and you don't have to worry about a cig lighter fuse. Going to guess you are using a 4.x software ver? I have heard of Vettes timing out when in Acc mode but I don't remember what the fix for that was but it was posted somewhere on the forum. E38s are usually pretty recoverable.

Tuner
    If the power light comes on on the MPVI with it plugged into the ALDL and not plugged into the laptop then ALDL has power and you don't have to worry about a cig lighter fuse. Going to guess you are using a 4.x software ver? I have heard of Vettes timing out when in Acc mode but I don't remember what the fix for that was but it was posted somewhere on the forum. E38s are usually pretty recoverable.
    I?ll check the power just plugged into OBDII. Yes version 4.0.6, but I just downloaded the latest version. Thanks

Tuner
    I can read the TCM so there?s power at the OBDII. Just no communication with ECM

Senior Tuner
    You should probably start a support ticket. Seems to be a lot of what you are encountering with 4.x.

Tuner
    You should probably start a support ticket. Seems to be a lot of what you are encountering with 4.x.
    Agreed, I already logged one. I?ve flashed C6 corvettes 100?s of times. Never had this happen so I?m at a loss. Just plugged the interface in and it lights up so power at OBDII is confirmed. Battery is fully charged as well.

yes there are a lot of time out issues if you follow some basic flashing tips you can avoid time out. If you have a time out issue dont think your ecu is written as it is not. Nor is it ok. I believe in kiss method kiss Keep it simple silly to be polite.
    Leave nothing on or connected during flash all module share the same 2 can bus communication wires so leave everything off except key. Make sure you have good charge and go from there. No matter how perfect you are glitches happen. Anyone who say other wise is full of it. I hope you recover your ecu. Ive see everything from no star to fpcm recovery by simple battery disconnect and rewrite and ended up just fine. MPVI2 and MPVI are very different entities. there continuous firm ware updates. It the nature of the beast. Do not be discouraged we are all here to help. Anyone who smart mouths or provides negative comments ignore them i have a troll following my every post. He seems to make it his duty to blaspheme me. 2xls1 is correct if the light comes on there is power. Someone recent had to send their file from an mpvi pro to hptuners on a gto with a similar issue so dont be afraid to post a ticket as they had changed nothing and for some reason he had an issue months later but was able to recover his issue as hptuners formatted or corrected something in one of his files or firmware so he could recover his ecu

Tuner
    Support ticket has been logged and I provided the tune file and error log so we'll see what they come back with. What's odd is I just flashed the car earlier that day with same HP Tuners editor version, firmware, etc. so nothing changed and it had been working fine..... I went for ride and next flash encountered this issue leaving me stranded. I can still read the TCM in the Editor and after 10 secs of pushing start button lights, radio, etc. all work and door locks works with FOB, etc. so I don't think it's the BCM. Rechecked all the fuses again this morning as well.

Tuner
    Update: it?s running! I took the battery out for a few hours and put it on the charger. Then I touched pos and neg cables together before reconnecting the battery. Tried to start but again nothing after hitting the start button. However I was able to load the tune ?calibration only?. Once the tune was loaded it fired right up. Phew!