Thread: MPVI Pro

Potential Tuner

MPVI Pro

I currently have a MPVI Standard and I now have a need for the ability to log my AFR. I would love to go ahead and upgrade to an MPVI2, but seeing as there is no Pro version available I don't see a need.

My question is...can I still do the MPVI Standard to Pro upgrade?

Thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    If you have a CAN-based PCM/ECM, a great option is the AEM 30-0334 wideband as it interacts with HPTuners via OBDII and not directly into the unit like analog WBO2s do. Just wire it up, plug into OBDII port (it's a pass-through plug), then plug your MPVI cable into the AEM plug. Add the channel in VCM Scanner and you're set.

If you have a non-CAN based PCM, unfortunately you'll need to wait until the expander hub is available. Not sure there's an ETA for it yet.

I don't believe there are any MPVI Pro units left, but you could try contacting HPTuners support and asking them?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    If you have a CAN-based PCM/ECM, a great option is the AEM 30-0334 wideband as it interacts with HPTuners via OBDII and not directly into the unit like analog WBO2s do. Just wire it up, plug into OBDII port (it's a pass-through plug), then plug your MPVI cable into the AEM plug. Add the channel in VCM Scanner and you're set.

If you have a non-CAN based PCM, unfortunately you'll need to wait until the expander hub is available. Not sure there's an ETA for it yet.

I don't believe there are any MPVI Pro units left, but you could try contacting HPTuners support and asking them?
    That is a fantastic option....if I did not already own the AFR500v2 and its installed and wired in the car already... I would have bought this if I would have known that it functioned in this way.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Unfortunately not.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Unfortunately not.
    So my options are as follows...

1. Buy a new wideband with OBD2 Pass through.
    2. Buy a used Pro cable.
    3. Wait till the MPVI2 has the capability to add a wideband.

A little tutorial we put together on your options now and after the Hub Expanders release...

Ed M
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]