Thread: Camaro ss 2016 question !!!

Camaro ss 2016 question !!!

We have a camaro ss 2016 with these mods : intake, camshafts, long tube headers, cold air intake and methanol kit .

We are looking to install NOS kit on the car, my question, can i use the NOS with AEM methanol kit together ?

technically you could but the tunning required and the waste of money is ridiculous. Heres what I would recommend. Just use nitrous. Meth is minimal gains. E85 is much more consistent and proper tuning with nitrous jettings is great but prepare to eat pistons period. So with that being said. if your will to dump meth nitrous and wasted ridiculous addition tunning with proper tuning protocals to stop from ruining your motor by the time your done your 2/3 way to hellion kit. Need I say more? if you want max power ditch the meth its cheap temporary power and so is nitrous in my opinion. procharger low boost will make consistent power and no need for crazy fuel. Just my route. Ive always gone turbo or supercharger on everything. Refilling bottles and replacing pistons due to a few milliseconds of lean is not worth my time. Again just my opinion. I know its a poor reference but how many pistons do nitrous guys go through on street outlaws?? If you want to go nitrous the safest way is the full stand alone holley efi dominator. Again this is just what I would do instead of dealing with motor tear downs. I personally hate nitrous. Just me. It can be done but its wath nitrous with wet kit period no meth

Advanced Tuner
    I agree with jp ... I found meth not really to be a huge benefit unless you don't have access to good quality fuel and need more octane or running out of fuel and need to add more but at that point get bigger injectors ... e85 is definitely the way to go with the power it provides but make sure its readily available where you live and that your fuel system can support it due to e85 requiring like 30% more fuel right out the gate ... boosting i feel will always be easier on the bottom end due to a gradual increase in power rather than instant nitrous does but as long as its tuned properly to a T and your not using a ridiculous amount of nitrous you should be ok imo - wet shot always - no dry shots bad things happen lol
    Last edited by TCSS07; 10-27-2018 at 07:46 AM.