Thread: G8 GT TR6060 tuning

Potential Tuner

G8 GT TR6060 tuning

Hey guys, I've been trying to do research on what exactly is needed for this and finding a comprehensive, succinct list has been difficult. I'm hoping someone has done it here and might be able to confirm or adjust what I've managed to come up with so far which is:

1) Pay for G8 GXP file license (Pay someone with a tuner to get credits from HPtuners, and then they can use those to purchase the file from HPtuners directly or do I need to find a GXP somewhere to link his tuner to? Any issues if my G8 is a 2008?)

2)Flash Manual file to stock automatic ECM before doing anything else. (And I don't need to do anything to the BCM? I've read of a need for one to be tuned not to look for the TCM from http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/ind...hk=1&Itemid=54 Does Jumping the GMLAN/CANBUS wires negate a need for this?)

3) Physically remove TCM connections from automatic transmission

4) Jump "GMLAN/CANBUS wires on the TCM harness so the ECM continues to communicate". Meaning to connect a wire from pin 10 to 14 and 11 to 13 on this TCM connector?

G8 TCM diagram.jpg

I'm sorry, I don't fully understand what this step is asking for/where I find these wires and what exactly to do with them. I really appreciate any help here.

5) Disable clutch interlock/safety switch by just putting a clip into the connector ports like in this video? (go to about 0:51)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH-RzaeGB0c

6) Insert manual trans and drive it like you stole it.

Thanks so much,
    Zygee
    Last edited by zygee; 10-24-2018 at 02:55 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Bump

I do know this much: You can't just run an OS (tune) from a manual GXP on an '08 or '09 GT. There are some distinct differences in the 2009.5 OS. I think you may be better off trying to segment swap a manual trans tune into your current GT OS. Whatever you do, don't just download a GXP tune and flash your ECM with that.

Potential Tuner
    Good to know. I'll definitely keep that in mind

Potential Tuner
    Contact me via email I've done one complete.

Tuner in Training
    Did you manage to work this out? I'm planning something almost identical and have the same questions.

Potential Tuner
    Bump again. For flashing a manual tune is it just a drop down menu or do I have to reflash the OS to make things manual compatible?