Thread: Having problems eliminating KR

Potential Tuner

Having problems eliminating KR

I am a novice tuner. Of course I had to pick one of the hardest motors to tune to start tuning.... LTG ATS. I have some recent logs and my tune. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get rid of the knock. maybe someone here can spot something obvious and help me.

thank you a ton. I am going crazy chasing this down.
    Attached Files Attached Files

You have up to 2.5* of KR. Not the end of the world. But... On average your full throttle timing has 4* more than stock.

And your MAF has been slightly scaled. Do you have a aftermarket air intake ???

Potential Tuner
    I have a mishimoto intake tube with a KN drop in filter, mishimoto cold side piping with a larger throttle body, and an rpm-motorsports catted downpipe.
    Last edited by CBcadiATS; 10-26-2018 at 12:12 AM.

Does reducing timing at the spot where it shows KR do anything? If KR is still present and you pulled a bunch of timing, maybe it is false knock. Find some high octane fuel or use the torco/boostane additives, since you've increased the octane of your fuel actual knock should be reduced. If you're still showing KR with high octane fuel with the same timing as before; then it is likely false knock. From here you'll need to look into desensitizing the knock sensors (as opposed to "disabling" them completely with extreme settings to for it to not KR).
    E67 - 2006 LE5 2.4 Turbo, 444 whp
    E78 - 2013 LUV 1.4T