Thread: Airmass limit under torque Management

Airmass limit under torque Management

Anyone know what these do? Airmass limit traction control and Airmass limit speed limiting under torque management.

These are used by desired airmass to essentially control how fast it ramps to a target airflow. For example, try setting the traction control one to 100%, and then to 5%, and hit traction control. Its very noticeable at that point just what it does.
    There are various ones of these sprinkled around. IIRC there's also usually one in the transmission section.

Senior Tuner
    The lower numbers make it intervene slower right?

So setting these to zero would essentially make them never activate?

Yeah, zero turns off the compensation.

The whole section is part of a desired airmass compensation designed to smooth out torque transitions. Say you're going 400lb.ft of airflow currently, but now a stability control event comes in at 200lb.ft. If the ETC suddenly did that, it'd be very abrupt and rough, which could have its own issues in and of itself (might upset the car for example). These are essentially multipliers on this compensation. 0% would disable the compensation entirely, so you'd just be left with the normal desired airmass algorithm, which may not be the smoothest.

I feel the best way to get the feel for the effect they have is just to do like I said, try Traction Control at 5% vs 100%, and you should feel the drastic difference in how the engine responds to the traction control request.

Advanced Tuner
    Guys can someone confirm that 0% on the airmass multiplier for traction control would = fastest response to reduce power and 100% would be slowest?

Advanced Tuner
    I thought it was opposite of that.
    If you change it to 10%, it would remove 10% of desired airmass with traction control.
    I have mine disabled everywhere except 44801. But I'll change it up and test it out in the truck.

Well, I tested both 0% and 100%, so far, I can't even say one is better than the other. I have one more test to do with the truck, then i'll take something that goes a little faster through the RPMs.
    Last edited by Thatwhite5.0; 11-05-2018 at 04:47 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    I thought it was opposite of that.
    If you change it to 10%, it would remove 10% of desired airmass with traction control.
    I have mine disabled everywhere except 44801. But I'll change it up and test it out in the truck.

Well, I tested both 0% and 100%, so far, I can't even say one is better than the other. I have one more test to do with the truck, then i'll take something that goes a little faster through the RPMs.
    That's initially what I thought too. Then I saw this post..... there are some stock tunes like FRPP SC tunes that have it at 30% where as my GT is set to 10% stock. I would test it on my car but it's been raining here and supposed to rain again today -_-

Advanced Tuner
    No one knows?

Advanced Tuner
    Its 100%= no comp= off

If set at 25% then car will target 25% of the current total airmass to be used

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by txtailtorcher View Post
    Its 100%= no comp= off

If set at 25% then car will target 25% of the current total airmass to be used
    Thank you!