Thread: Vortec BBC 24x swap base file request

Advanced Tuner

Vortec BBC 24x swap base file request

I have a 99 Suburban with the 454 that I am going to be doing a 0411 swap on and will be changing the reluctor wheel to the L21 24x one. I also intend to run coil near plug ignition. The motor will be stock but freshened up with new rings and bearings.

I was hoping to find the l21 base tune to work with and segment swap the transmission, or at the least pull data from the base tune to input into another tune. I already have a licensed 02 silverado tune, I think that is a decent starting point and it won't cost any additional credits, although it isn't the end of the world to buy more.

Is there any real advantage to running the blue and green PCM over the blue and red? I have both and the blue and green has the IAC driver.

I am trying to get this to work on the stock motor as I figure once I get the electronics worked out and everything working properly then I will be building another motor with some additional kick.

So, to paraphrase.

Does anyone have a good suggestion for a good base tune?

What are the advantages to the p59 over the p01 for a BBC?

Red blue is fine, I?ve doen a few BBC conversions if you need help with tune

Advanced Tuner
    I have usually been able to figure out most of what I need by reading and searching, but finding detailed info as it applies to HPTuners is a bit more difficult. It seems that a lot of the info comes from Lextech and I know he uses a competitors program.

I would appreciate suggestions on the tune, like what is a good base tune to start with and what changes will need to be made before the first start? Is a 2002 Silverado DBC tune suitable to start with? I know the VE table is going to be wrong and the injector data will need to be copied over and a whole host of other tables. I don't know enough to even know what I don't know, if that makes any sense.

I tried to find an L21 base tune in the repository, but either I missed it or it isn't there. I figured that would be the most similar to what I am starting with, but then again I am not sure if it used an actual 0411 PCM or if the tune could even be copied over to one.

Better off using some 8.1 data to start, but no base tune will be close to being right, just had to dial in fuel and spark and see what it likes

Advanced Tuner
    Start with an 8.1/4L80E file from a 2002 Van. Change the diagnostic firing rder and injector bank table to match a 5.7 Express van file. Set your injector flow rate. Set your cylinder volume. Then go from there.

Advanced Tuner
    I forgot to say. Turn the electronic throttle control, ETC off in the tune.

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you for the responses, this is what I was looking for. I don't mind making changes to any tune, but want something that will end up being the best in the long run.

Advanced Tuner
    Does anyone have the proper injector data to run with a 2156 OS? I have the truck up and running, but it idles a little rough and stumbles off the line. I haven't tuned the VE table yet, or even driven it more than around the block twice. I figure trying to tune with improper injector data is a waste of time though.

They are stock 99 7.4l injectors.