Thread: Batter Disconnect question

Batter Disconnect question

I've had some issues connecting to a friend's car at time. Other times it's been solid. In hindsight I am wondering if there are any problems connecting to a vehicle to write a tune, after the car has had the battery disconnected? Do you have to start the car first?

I noticed that for the entire week, connecting and writing adjustments to his tune have been solid. I write in the am, drive to work, make adjustments and write another adjustment before the ride home. Last night I disconnected the battery while working on something and I reconnected it this morning and I get Controller init fail. Rebooted laptop, disconnected from odbII, disconnected all cables to make sure the green light was off on the HPT. Tried again and same result. I noticed this one other time and just started driving to work. I kept trying to connect to scan and about 5-10 min down the road it connected and worked. This has me asking about whether the disconnect does something I was not aware of.

Theory 2.. his car is just Satan and has pulled $hit like this the entire time I've had it.
    2013 Dodge Challenger RT Plus - Shaker

Advanced Tuner
    Every once in a while I would get controller failed to connect but lately I plug the OBD connector from the interface in first, place the car in run (or start the engine if I am going to log), connect interface usb into the laptop and then open VCM and have yet to have it fail to connect.

I came home from work and tried it again and no connect. I drove the car 3 min down the road to a store, pulled in and tried again and boom.. worked like a champ after not disconnecting anything or restarting laptop or app. It's bizarre but I've only seen it happen after a battery disconnect.
    2013 Dodge Challenger RT Plus - Shaker

Tuner in Training
    I am having same problem i tried resetting battery but no luck every time i get init fal when i try to write....