Thread: Unable to write calibration

Unable to write calibration

Newbie here that could really use some good help.
    I have a tune that is supposed to work with my 3800 SC Fiero
    I wrote entire thing to PCM that I did not know the year of it.
    Since it's an 04 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP engine and trans for it to work in my Fiero I am hearing that I need to use an 03 pcm. So I have a stock 03 Grand Prix GTP pcm that I want to write the calibration to but I keep getting " vehicle not licensed" with no option to license it?

My whole issue I am trying to fix with this is the Fiero will not go into reverse. Yes it goes into drive.

Any help would be much appreciated.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    read the ecm and license it, then write entire, then read the ecm again and license the new vin/os pair you created.

you'll be eating a bunch of credits which is on you but thats how its done. You need to actually have a license for the ecm in order to flash it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    most transmissions reverse is pure hydraulic nothing to do with the pcm?? what trans??
    2010 camaro L99, Magnacharger TVS 2300, 415ci LS3,Kooks long tubes, yank ss3200, 3.73 rear

It's the Stock 04 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP auto trans. I figured out the issue. Was nothing to do with my programming.

Bill why does this tuner not allow me the option to buy all years of the Pontiac Grand Prix like it says on your website for 6 credits? It doesn't even allow me.the option the only option.i keep getting is to purchase the one year only.

Probably not something they offer, I've never seen them offer it. The 6 credits is a per year/model, not all years combined.

It would be a pretty penny just to unlock all grand prixs with the V6, something like $3,000 for 97-07.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Well according to their website they do that was my whole reason for buying this.

Screenshot_20181028-120740.png
    Screenshot_20181028-120711.png

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    year model licenses, as stated on the supported vehicle page, are for a particular year/model ie you can tune all 2000 Pontiac Grand prix v6's for 6 credits, if you want to tune an unlimited amount of 2001 Grand prix v6's its another 6 credits and so on.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Looks like I'll be looking to sell this tuner and buy a DHptuner

To each their own I guess.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.