Thread: Low reported Tq and airmass after meth install 2018 ZL1 A10

Tuner in Training

Low reported Tq and airmass after meth install 2018 ZL1 A10

Hey guys, having a weird issue here. Before when the car just had pulley all parameters read normal. Since install the meth kit the reported tq figures and airmass stuff has just plummeted. Have tried all variations of Virtual Tq tables, DD,etc. Car also seems to be low on power for what we were expecting. The attached tune is where I left off, essentially changing only minimal things from last known good tune. Yes the Tq tables are stock now but raised them by 40% and reported figures still came back screwy.

Car is a 2018 ZL1 with Roto-Fab, CPR 2.3 pulley, long tubes, and meth plumbed into the lid. Car making roughly about 630ish in 6th gear

Thanks for any help or insight on this. Please let me know if tune file shows up locked, I checked before I uploaded but have had issues in the past. Mahalos

102718 A.hptRun 11.hpl

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    You may be better off putting the maf back to its pre-meth status and use PE as it won't affect the torque model if you can't get it brought back up. It seems like a no-no but adjust for meth this way all the time. If you want to continue to use the maf you'll need to double and triple some areas of your virtual torque with the way that maf curve looks.
    Thanks for the reply, after stepping back a bit and refreshing my brain with a chat form a buddy it occurred to me that everything is reading so low due to the amount of fuel we are offsetting with the meth. I've always used meth as a supplemental fuel on these gen 5 cars so never seen such a dramatic drop off in reported numbers. Being that this car is brand new and my first a10 I was a little bit petrified lol.

I will try doubling up on the tq values in the respected areas and see how she responds. If not, I'll try your PE suggestion. Thanks for the help!!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 808Performance View Post
    Thanks for the reply, after stepping back a bit and refreshing my brain with a chat form a buddy it occurred to me that everything is reading so low due to the amount of fuel we are offsetting with the meth. I've always used meth as a supplemental fuel on these gen 5 cars so never seen such a dramatic drop off in reported numbers. Being that this car is brand new and my first a10 I was a little bit petrified lol.

I will try doubling up on the tq values in the respected areas and see how she responds. If not, I'll try your PE suggestion. Thanks for the help!!
    No problem. Went to fix a typo in my post and accidentally deleted my response woops. Good luck on this I'm sure you'll get it sorted!

Tuner in Training
    Just to put an update in case anyone else comes across this thread looking for info... I doubled the tq numbers in the Virtual Tq and reported tq came back to sane numbers BUT then I had an issue with throttle closing. Tried raising DD and didnt help. Lowered the Tq tables by 30% and tq numbers would initially read 630ish and drop down to 400ish range, had throttle closing in the beginning of run where tq was high and then throttle came back once tq started to drop. I'm thinking there might be a tq table in the trans coming into play at high tq but I do not have access to TCM at the moment. Attached is last revision of tune and lost log

102718 B.hptRun 14.hpl

there is torque table(s) in the TCM

tcm tables are very sensitive here. This is why i hate and love auto cars. Great for 1/4 and 1/8th but horrible for circuit tuning. I am not the most adviseable. Looke the guitarmageddon zl1 there is a shop there doing some leadway tuning. they say the 10 speed will take 1000. they are leading the way in experimentation. I can not advise you here as Ive not dealt with this trans

Tuner in Training
    Thanks guys for the input, I ended up tweaking virtual tq to as much tq as possible without triggering throttle closing. stays steady in the 450ish lb range. Car is shifting good under full throttle conditions and customer states no change in feel of shifts from pre-meth pulls. Do you guys feel this is safe for now, as far as the trans goes, until we can get into the TCM later down the road or should it be addressed immediately. Definitely not trying to burn up a new trans

Thanks again