Thread: DFCO Settings for exhaust crackle/pop

Tuner in Training

DFCO Settings for exhaust crackle/pop

I currently have 2 cals for my LS3 and I would like some assistance to determine which would be better to give some exhaust crackle/pop on over run. I have included screen shots of the DFCO entry and exit spark for both cals. The first cal has the first four values at 6,6,6,8 and the rest at 10 and the second cal has all the entry values at 10. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Im aiming to get more crackle during over run.

Cal 1 - DFCO Entry Spark
    Cal 1 - DFCO Entry Spark.JPG

Cal 1 - DFCO Exit Spark
    Cal 1 - DFCO Exit Spark.JPG

Cal 2 - DFCO Entry Spark
    Cal 2 - DFCO Entry Spark.JPG

Cal 2 - DFCO Exit Spark
    Cal 2 - DFCO Exit Spark.JPG

DFCO Main Values
    DFCO main settings differences.JPG
    Last edited by frw; 10-27-2018 at 10:54 PM.

add more fuel period. bottom line though your going to mess up your o2. retard timing and burn unspent fuel in exhaust equals pop

Tuner in Training
    Can that be done in the DFCO spark tables?

Tuner in Training
    Would Cal 1 or 2 provide more exhaust crackle/pop on over run?

i tell you what i did to get the pops.
    the timings are air cylinder based so i did a lot of the air at idle. once i knew it i went to the coastdown table and i removed the timing there. i put -10degree. of course the defco has been removed. i got an ak47.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by avido View Post
    i tell you what i did to get the pops.
    the timings are air cylinder based so i did a lot of the air at idle. once i knew it i went to the coastdown table and i removed the timing there. i put -10degree. of course the defco has been removed. i got an ak47.
    Avido, so with that said would you say Cal 1 in the original post would have more crackle than Cal 2? Or would these differences have no effect to the exhaust crackle on over run?

I don't know actually because when I did that to the car those tables were not available. There was the cut off retard and that's it.

Tuner in Training
    I can confirm that Cal 1 has more crackle/pop on over run compared to Cal 2. This however may also be related to other changes in the Cal. Can anyone confirm if I changed just the DFCO entry spark to say 4,4,4,6 (which is lower than Cal 1) would this result in even more over run pops? Would there be any adverse effects?