Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using GPS Speedo From Gopro and Data From HPT.csv

Tuner in Training
    Hi Jason,

It's quite easy. Watch this:

https://youtu.be/TF1CgyuVGdc

Dashware instruments will use altitude data that seems to come from another source and is more accurate.

You may want to join this group in GoPro forum:

https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro...aVisualisation

John,
    Thanks for assisting. I really find it odd that this would be another issue with the Gopro. Have you ever mounted yours on a car and drove around to determine if speed was reasonably accurate?

Tuner in Training
    @Candive,

I have quite a few clips taken in the car, but never checked the speed. It's calculated from the coordinates and the time, so if the coordinates are off, then the speed will be off.

The example that I posted is one of the worst that I've checked. We were in a car, but I had the GoPro on a chest harness, not a good idea in a car as I have good shots of the dash. We also had to back up at least once to take a run at the hill in the snow, but we did nothing like the route produced by the GoPro. It's quite likely that it wasn't picking up the satellites properly - needs to be outside or at least mounted on the window. I'll try to take a look at some clips tomorrow to see if the speed looks reasonable.

Remember our thread about the altitude and distance data. RR and Dashware are quite different. Dashware is very close to reality, whereas RR is way off. I never did find out how Dashware calculates the distance. The altitude undoubtedly comes from outside and corresponds reasonably well to what I get by putting the route into Google Earth and viewing the profile. I expect that RR has done nothing about this since I raised the issue.