Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Negative Timing During Hot Restart

Advanced Tuner
    Dude, so sorry to hear that. Glad you figured out your hot start issue, though.

Advanced Tuner
    when you changed the fueling and corrected the hot start,did that change the -64*? im having issues with multiple misfires at startup and kickback on hot startups. i also get a -64* just switching the ignition on.
    By the prickle of my thumb something wicked this way comes!2008 Chrysler 300c! 2013 heads/220/230 comp cam/LTheaders/FTI 2600 stall converter.

I feel this is just fine. Negative spark just lets the engine take control of itself and control an idle after a start. Maybe catalyst heating. But you also said hot which I am seeing too. It should as I see in the log go positive after a period of time and continue on. I want to say its idle control related or a startup sequence relation. I've never found a need to chase this one behavior. I see it in nearly all these cars and trucks, of even GM flavors too. "Go negative and find stabilization, then go positive." Just making us all think. Someone will point a hard finger on the table we can mess with one day.