Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Final Verdict for VE on SC V6 ??????

Tuner
    Nope, I got one on order but so far all this is w/o. I'll be interested to see how close my tune is to what the wideband says.
    98 Corvette Coupe - Texas-Speed 408ci iron block, PRC 237cc heads, Ed Curtis Cam 239-247-115 .624-.624

After all of your posts about the right way to tune the VE, you don't have a wideband? You will be suprised how far off the AFR will be!

Russ Kemp

Tuner
    My posts are how to do it to the best of our ability w/o a wideband. When doing it with a wideband the method does not change only the inputs that you use. I honestly don't think that its possible to get any closer to a "perfect" tune as far as fueling goes with a narrowband than what I have. I'll plug the wideband in when I get it and see how close it is. I let the VCM recalibrate itself in closed loop to learn out the AFR to tune not only the VE but the MAF as well. Right now with my car in closed loop all the time and PE set to 100% my combined fuel trims (STFT + LTFT) are within 1% of 0 for every cell on the MAF table. The only possibility of error will be in the inacuracy of the narrowband itself - which I know can be significant. Thing is most people don't have a wideband and they want to know the best way to do it w/o one.
    98 Corvette Coupe - Texas-Speed 408ci iron block, PRC 237cc heads, Ed Curtis Cam 239-247-115 .624-.624