Thread: 6.0 cummins swap 5r110

Potential Tuner

6.0 cummins swap 5r110

Has anyone got the 5r110 to shift good with a cummins swap? I see in the software you can force the trans to use the shift schedule instead of the torque based shift schedule, does that function work? Also does anyone know what the load switch function does, it has setting 0-8.

Thanks for any info!

I've been wondering about the "Trans Torque Based Shift Scheduling" also. I suggested trying it to someone for there race truck, but the seasons over and they'll worry about that in the spring. It would almost make sense that that would help you. I'd be interested in how it works for you.

Potential Tuner
    I'm going to try it on a 6.0 truck and see how it preforms. It may not shift as nice as it would with the tq based schedule but if it shifts on time every time I can't complain.

Did you get this figured out?

ive done a few 6.0 and 6.4 cummins swaps, you can get factory like shifting from your 5r pretty easily with a bit of wiring, leave the stock pcm/tcm in place, wire in cam/crank, throttle, boost and temp. on one strategy i had to wire in a fuel temp sensor as well, do this and the pcm thinks the engine is running, so you can disable all faults as needed, then the pcm will correctly run the transmission with a proper torque schedule, the only thing it cannot do is create the "defuels" for the shifts, this seems to be a very over looked solution, and trust me when i say its 100000 times better than running a "properly tuned" PCS controller