Thread: 2019 trucks

Tuner

2019 trucks

I've read all the bad news on the new ecms. I've been kicking around ideas around this. Has anyone tried a Vette ecm in a truck, or are the connectors different?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty05 View Post
    I've read all the bad news on the new ecms. I've been kicking around ideas around this. Has anyone tried a Vette ecm in a truck, or are the connectors different?
    It's a good idea.

Unfortunately it won't work. The connectors are different, the engines are different (they now have AFM hardware on EVERY cylinder), the ECU coms is probably different.

Even if you repinned the connectors to accept the 'vette ECM, you would lose AFM, and it probably still wouldn't work because any flash you could put in the 'vette ECM probably wouldn't talk to the rest of the truck ECUs properly.

Tuner
    The 2019 trucks have the same afm setup, but I already lost interest at the different connector ordeal. 😂

I re wire 17- 18 to convert them to the 14 -15 ECU's. If the 18 engine is the same then no big deal. This is for hot rod swaps. If you did this on a factory vehicle I am sure chaos would happen

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by vannatta20 View Post
    I re wire 17- 18 to convert them to the 14 -15 ECU's. If the 18 engine is the same then no big deal. This is for hot rod swaps. If you did this on a factory vehicle I am sure chaos would happen
    Do you have any details that I can reference for this? Advantages? I have an '18 L86 with a 8L90 transmission that I am putting into a Wrangler, this is the approach I am considering (Hot Rod), standalone. I want to keep it simple.

Well a major advantage is it only cost 2 credits to program 15 computers. In hot rod swaps there is a lot of issues with computers not playing nice and they limit power severely. I have done quite a few and have nailed down what works. I work for Motech. We do Jeep LT and LS conversions. If you need any help shoot me a pm