Thread: IAC issues in gear??

Potential Tuner

IAC issues in gear??

2002 Silverado 1500. Truck had a 4.8/4l60e but I put a 5.3 with 222/227 .600 113lsa cam and 4l80e with 3200 stall in it. Ive ran the config for RAF tuning in park and it idles ok. Added a little to the in drive tables and thought I?d go for a drive. When I put the truck in drive or reverse after a couple seconds or maybe a minute it will just die. Watching the scanner the iac counts drop and lock to one number. Something like 160 and will not adjust so the truck dies. I can keep it running if I pedal it. Why would the IAC stop trying to control idle?

Advanced Tuner
    I'm dealing with a similar issue with the iac not stepping in to prevent a stall, try adding 1 gram of air to the 3 proportional airflow LOW tables (one is in gear, one is in park and one is with ac on). I've yet to try this the weather has been cold. They also recommend to zero out the throttle cracker air and make it enable around 9 mph and disable around 7 mph after you add air to the proportional airflow.

Tuner in Training
    Try doing the RAF tables in drive and just sitting. Same way you would in park, but in drive without moving (e brake on in your driveway). Will get you better drive airflow values.