Thread: 2018 6l80e to 2010??

Advanced Tuner

2018 6l80e to 2010??

Will a 2018 6l80e fit my 2010 Silverado also running the 6l80e?
    I?m trying to fix my 6l80e but found a good deal on a 2018 6l80e and was trying to see if it can work on the 2010

Does it use the same TCM?

Only thinking out loud here but if it did you'd think you could flash it with a 2010 calibration file so it was a match with your PCM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    That’s what it got me thinking, I rebuild mine two times and I have the same problem. If I take off with around 25% throttle when it shifts to second it slips 3rd slips more. I haven’t change the TCM or valve body I didn’t know if thats causing the problem.

I used to tear down and diagnose for AAMCO you either have a list of a few problems

1 solenoid failure and not allowing enough pressure to lock clutches. the 6l80e solenoid is an entire module sitting on top of valve body
    2 band clutch pack plates overheat with heat marks.
    3 very often the drums containing clutches can crack creating loss of pressure. Most seen during different temps of trans.
    4 clutches simply worn
    5 fault valve body but this truthfully the most failure even though every screams oh its your valve body.
    6 as something as a simply oring that direct pressure through input shafts to clutches could be worn.
    being a part throttle issue id go with cracked drum or band issue
    My suggestion is get who trans from a reputable establishment and don't waste your time. Transmission extremely complicated compared to a motor. even manual transmissions. The chryslet 9 speed uses 4 clutches 2 sungear assemblies to change ratio the sungear gives 3 ratios on one clutch pack. Need a I say more. Tear it down its the only way youll know
    After doing 30 transmissions a month honestly after a year I had plenty valve body sensor failures. and maybe 2 valve bodies