Thread: Modify stock tune or Whipple tune?

Modify stock tune or Whipple tune?

This is on a 2016 GT with a Whipple stage 2. I'm still learning how everything works in HP Tuners, but I have found that I can't log my existing Whipple tune, or my older Whipple tune, but my factory tune works fine in VCM Scanner. I have a support ticket out to try and get the ability to log the Whipple tune, but I'm not sure if HP Tuners can make it work or not.

Is it better to just copy all of the Whipple tune changes into my stock tune? Is that what everyone else is doing?

If I enable the MCT sensor in the factory tune, will it still use the sensor the way the Whipple tune does? The sensor is tied into an IMRC connector, so I'm not sure if my stock tune will allow it to work correctly. Also, do I need to change something with the intercooler pump wiring, or will that still work?

I'm willing to work to change stuff over to a custom tune, but I'm just wondering what problems to watch out for.

Tuner in Training
    If you use the stock cal it won't use the IMRC control to power the heat exchanger pump and also the mct won't read without the breakout harness and standard sensor. Whipple uses a stock gt500 sensor which won't read on the stock cal.

Could you post the read of the Whipple file?

Advanced Tuner
    I've tuned a few Whipple car using the OE strategy they came with, zero issues. You cannot straight copy everything over, but if you take your time to go through both tunes you can figure out what you can move over and use as your base

I keep getting 1000+ ipc issues even when using the whipple tq/Inverse data on OE strategy