Thread: Spark Table

Tuner in Training

Spark Table

So I have an 02 Camaro with a MS3 cam, PRC 225 heads, and Fast 102. Obviously the 01-02 cars only have 19* of advance in the WOT area compared to 28* in the 99-00 cars. Not sure what the 98's had. Anyway, as far as a base spark table to start with would it be better to just load a stock 99-00 table from the get go? My engine is so far from stock its not like the 02 table is better suited for my 02 anymore.

It just seems if I put 28* in my car now there is going to be a bunch of smoothing to do since its nearly 10 degree higher at wot and it would make more sense to start off with the 99 table to start with unless of course the 02 spark table is tailored to compliment other tables in my VCM.

Your thoughts?

I did several searches btw

I would load an early spark table, whichever has the most spark, since GM was conservative anyways. Start there

Starting low is what I'd do, then add timing in as needed. Somewhere in the low to mid 20's to start and go from there.

A dyno would be best to show where added timing stops making power.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.