Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 ctsv-v ramdom timing dips at light load

Advanced Tuner

2014 ctsv-v ramdom timing dips at light load

Any of you guys know what these random timing dips are?? i was just cruising along and i can fell the slight surge. happens at 2:26 and again at 2:51. any thoughts are appreciated
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    forgot to attach the tune....

you changed your predicted coefficients based upon my stock cts v 14 file it changes the scaling of spark airmass caslcuation meaning what reads at 1.28 is NOT 1.28 so your timing is pulling info from the wrong section of the chart so your timing is actually more than like flowing more air so say its actually flowing saying its flowing 1.28 but flowing 1.36 you should never touch predicted coefficients unless you change the sensors. id 850 are small in relevance to what your trying to accomplish. You've managed throw all you info off. you have to tune vve or reading will NEVER be accurate. You absolutely must return your predicted coeffecients back to stock and restart
    plus tun over
    Last edited by jpierro79; 11-02-2018 at 12:22 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    I've read that many people have zeroed out their prediction coefficients due to in accurate fueling problems and that is why I zeroed mine out. Can anyone one else chime in on this as I didn't think zeroing these out created problems

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jpierro79 View Post
    you changed your predicted coefficients based upon my stock cts v 14 file it changes the scaling of spark airmass caslcuation meaning what reads at 1.28 is NOT 1.28 so your timing is pulling info from the wrong section of the chart so your timing is actually more than like flowing more air so say its actually flowing saying its flowing 1.28 but flowing 1.36 you should never touch predicted coefficients unless you change the sensors. id 850 are small in relevance to what your trying to accomplish. You've managed throw all you info off. you have to tune vve or reading will NEVER be accurate. You absolutely must return your predicted coeffecients back to stock and restart
    plus tun over
    this was not what was causing my problem.......see this thread: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...causes-bucking

You can say that but it's like saying 2x3=4 your predicted coefficients balance the numerical calculations in relation to how much effect they have to your end numbers. Your choice I can't force to listen but unless you change your sensors there's NO REASON TO CHNAGE YOUR PREDICTED COEFFICIENTS. Stop taking short cuts and get it done right is all I cant help the unwilling
    day I'm tired of trying to help people but they want to troll and argue I'm wrong. I've been diagnosing 20 years and ten tunning. Chose whatever advice you want. Let's put it this way if I change the expected electrical signal to your eyeball are you going to see correctly?????
    Ys your body use neuropathic electrical signals to communicate with your brain
    what happens if I change one?
    Last edited by jpierro79; 11-05-2018 at 03:19 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    It STILL doing it...even with the STOCK prediction coefficients..You need to change your approach at helping people, never did i say i was unwilling to try something. If you know SO MUCH i'd appreciate the HELP vs. the condescending tone you have in your responses...

Advanced Tuner
    do you have any accessories on such as compressor because ive seen the ac torque table cause a issue like this before

Advanced Tuner
    i only have the heat on..good ol' Illinois! other than that nothing else is on. I wish i had my ac on because that would mean that it would be warm outside..lol

Advanced Tuner
    true but if you have defrost on it also will cycle the compressor

Advanced Tuner
    defrost was not on

Advanced Tuner
    Try adding all the torque management spark pids and re log and see which one shows a change when the timing dip happens - i looked up a few things about it and it was about the ac torque table (if with hvac enabled) and one about turning the s/c torque management for spark,fuel cut and etc but not much else hopefully someone else will chime in as well

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TCSS07 View Post
    Try adding all the torque management spark pids and re log and see which one shows a change when the timing dip happens - i looked up a few things about it and it was about the ac torque table (if with hvac enabled) and one about turning the s/c torque management for spark,fuel cut and etc but not much else hopefully someone else will chime in as well
    I actually logged "tq management advance" and that's what it is. Pulling like 20-25 degrees at random light throttle cruising times. I also noticed that while I did have my heat on the a/c icon is aluminated because I have the thermostat set to "auto". So maybe that's what it is. I also set ALL of the tq. management settings back to stock this morning and its still doing it. What is the harm in zeroing out that a/c torque reduction table?

Advanced Tuner
    the weird part is that I logged "torque management type" and when I drag the cursor across the "torque management advance" blip there is no "torque management type" being shown

Advanced Tuner
    None in my experience

Advanced Tuner
    alright, I will update my tune and let you know..thanks for the suggestion BTW. I appreciate it

Advanced Tuner
    well, that's exactly what it was "AC torque reduction". I zeroed that table out and now I no long feel that surge and my logs no longer show that huge dip in timing. Thanks again for the recommendation

Advanced Tuner
    No problem - happy tuning

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TCSS07 View Post
    No problem - happy tuning
    well, after driving I'm still getting some slight torque management advance but's its when I'm not on the throttle. I only zeroed out the one a/c torque reduction". There are two other tables in the "torque model" tab which have to do with the a/c, but I haven't touched those yet. Any ideas? I will post the log later today