Thread: 2016 Camaro A8 shifting question

Potential Tuner

2016 Camaro A8 shifting question

I want the car to shift at 4000 RPMs when the throttle is between say 30%-80%.
    reason being is that once i get over 4000 i start getting into boost..and i don't need/want that unless im WOT.
    another reason is the car bucks when shifting in 2-3, 3-4, 4-5 at part throttle at anything above 4000 or so rpms. except of course WOT...it shifts great there.

Does anyone know what tables to modify?
    i went out and drove the car to note the MPH in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th gear at 4000 rpms.
    I played around in transmission/shift scheduling/part throttle shift and changed the MPH for throttle position 31 - 94 to the mph from my notes.
    I did this for normal, pattern A, pattern B & HOT.
    it didn't work. did i miss something? can it even be done?

thanks,
    Randy

Quote Originally Posted by grampa_ss View Post
    I want the car to shift at 4000 RPMs when the throttle is between say 30%-80%.
    reason being is that once i get over 4000 i start getting into boost..and i don't need/want that unless im WOT.
    another reason is the car bucks when shifting in 2-3, 3-4, 4-5 at part throttle at anything above 4000 or so rpms. except of course WOT...it shifts great there.

Does anyone know what tables to modify?
    i went out and drove the car to note the MPH in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th gear at 4000 rpms.
    I played around in transmission/shift scheduling/part throttle shift and changed the MPH for throttle position 31 - 94 to the mph from my notes.
    I did this for normal, pattern A, pattern B & HOT.
    it didn't work. did i miss something? can it even be done?

thanks,
    Randy
    I have the A8, my trans is not tuned at all, and I have no bucking when shifting. Auto mode or paddle shift, no issue. What S/C do you have? No tune or log posted, so hard to point you in the right direction. Spark advance dropping at the time of shifting, creating the buck? Worse if it's tuned too rich.
    2018 Camaro SS, LT4 Fuel System, LT4 S/C
    2020 Ford Edge ST (93-E85 flex fuel tune)
    1999 Pontiac Firehawk
    1987 Chevy Caprice, 6.0L TT 4L80 AWD
    ***Only AWD box chevy in the world***
    Next Level Tuning and Performance
    Tuning email: [email protected]

Potential Tuner
    no datalog yet. its a procharger. custom tune. but he didn't touch the TCM. but it is going back to him. he test drove it and he agreed it wasnt right.
    that being said....my question still stands....is it possible to do what i want it to do? i want it to shift at 4k on part throttle shifts above say 30% up to 80% or whatever.
    i don't use the paddles...they're too laggy for me.

thanks for your response.

Tuner in Training
    what you are wanting to do is under shift scheduling, part throttle shift. you set them based on mph/tps. Been messing with mine and it works great for upshifts and downshifts. Only reason I can think it didnt work is you didnt flash the tcm after changing them.
    Last edited by squish72; 11-03-2018 at 01:09 PM.

Potential Tuner
    I'm flashing it. I think the problem is the RPMs build too fast to command the shift at the desired MPH. So I lowered the MPH and it seems to work better. Thanks for the help.