Thread: 2017 SRT GC Procharged Tuning Question

Potential Tuner

2017 SRT GC Procharged Tuning Question

Hey guys, I'm working on tuning a Procharged SRT8 GC and no matter what I do I can't seem to add any spark timing. I've added to the part throttle and WOT tables and nothing changes. The KR is happy, no detection at all, and still I can't get the car to advance further than 10.5* up top.

Vehicle came in on the base tune from Procharger and the customer wanted to optimize the setup moreover the base tune, as well as tweak the shift scheduling, and for us to look into a cylinder 8 misfire that seems to be common in these platforms.

Also, since writing to the TCM I've also had a CEL for TCM communication errors, "service stability" light, and permanent "U code" faults. Currently back to stock trans flash, but would still like to raise the shift points.

Thanks
    Nick

Senior Tuner
    Need to modify the VVT spark tables. I assume it has a stock engine/cam? There are WOT VVT tables that it will follow when the cam is moving.

Potential Tuner
    The VVT tables are disabled in the spark section, they were from the get go on the Procharger base tune that came on a Diablo inTune i3. Am I wrong in assuming that if the VVT table is disabled that the car isn't pooling info from that section? I've messed with part throttle, WOT, ECT & IAT (even though it wasn't necessary because I wasn't hitting the reference temps for those), and still no additional timing is added anywhere in the mapping.

The engine and cam are both still stock, just the Procharger kit and a Borla cat back.

Thanks for the response.

Senior Tuner
    Post up your tune, hard to help without it.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Post up your tune, hard to help without it.
    Okay, so first off.. I made a mistake in my logging, the parameters I had set for KR for whatever reason did't read ANY KR at all on the first of the logs I was doing. I don't know if it's because I updated the beta software the next day or what, but I am now getting KR readings and it seems that the reason I wasn't adding more than 10.5 up top is because it was pulling the few degrees I was trying to gain, so all in all it comes down to user error. I also did a bit of reading and found some of your postings regarding these platforms and their multispark system not needing much more than 10* up top, so I am currently back down to around 10* up top, with a tweak to the VE and PE and the misfires on cylinder 8 seem to be drastically lessened. The car was originally counting off between 15 & 30 misfires per run on the dyno, and currently I had a total of 5 on multiple different cylinders after 4 hard runs, to me that's a strong win with running as hard as it is.

SRT GC Plus Fuel 2, Spark, VE, PE Final.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by nkfry View Post
    Hey guys, I'm working on tuning a Procharged SRT8 GC and no matter what I do I can't seem to add any spark timing. I've added to the part throttle and WOT tables and nothing changes. The KR is happy, no detection at all, and still I can't get the car to advance further than 10.5* up top.

Vehicle came in on the base tune from Procharger and the customer wanted to optimize the setup moreover the base tune, as well as tweak the shift scheduling, and for us to look into a cylinder 8 misfire that seems to be common in these platforms.

Also, since writing to the TCM I've also had a CEL for TCM communication errors, "service stability" light, and permanent "U code" faults. Currently back to stock trans flash, but would still like to raise the shift points.

Thanks
    Nick
    Are you able to post the procharger tune? We have a Procharged GC SRT 2016 with DSC1 coming in, the vehicle was tuned and on first test drive experienced engine failure. They rebuilt it, we want to load a tune on it so it can drive safely, assuming the procharger one would be a great base.