Thread: HAANFHZ - No Dwell Adjustment

Tuner in Training

HAANFHZ - No Dwell Adjustment

Hi all. I'm tuning my car currently with a BA XR6T ecu due to it being 4 speed. It's running an FG engine setup. Now previously I ran a BF ecu with a stand alone trans ECU. But opted to go BA for torque reduction etc. But there's no option in the BA tune to adjust dwell time. Now I know that FG coils run a considerably longer dwell time which I had adjusted previously in the BF tune. Subsequently because dwell isnt visible in the BA tune the car is breaking down with very little boost. Is there any way to get dwell added into the BA tune or do I have to revert to BA/BF coils. TA!

Tuner
    You're better off emailing HP TUNERS support direct with your enquiry. They will add it if you ask nicely I'm sure.
    Sometimes its overnight, sometimes it takes weeks.
    You might need to search the FAQ for what files you need to send them with your enquiry. VCMSUITEinfo.txt, serial numbers, strategy etc.

Tuner in Training
    thanks luke i got lucky,,, installed the 4.2 beta and the dwell was there to adjust,

however the issue still remains. either an ECU fault or maybe crank sensor issue. seems to break down above 4000 rpm at even the lightest throttle.

Advanced Tuner
    What plug gap, what boost is it breaking down at and are the coils new?

Tuner in Training
    Well don't mind me. It didn't click that it was torque management. I've been tuning these for a bit and not had it happen to me before. Lol set torque tables to stock sorted it. The reduction was trans torque truncation seeing too much torque.