Thread: T87A unlocked TCM's ETA

Tuner

T87A unlocked TCM's ETA

Any idea when they might be back in stock? The wife pays my bills so she said she doesnt want the truck down for the shipping and turn around time. (she is right, need the vehicle running)

Tuner
    Otherwise I found a used one at a wrecker from a 2017. But I dont know if that would cause compatability problems. I dont know if they have to be vin matched etc

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Current no eta to stock them.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Thanks Bill, Do you happen to know where the TCM resides in the 2018 Colorado V6?

Anyone know any updates on this. I have to have my car to drive so I can't wait to have mine sent out either, but it looks like if they have been out of stock this long we are going to be in for a long wait. If I happen to find one, is it possible to send it to get the mod done and the vin programed? and also can a used one that's already been programmed to a vin be re-programmed to a vin? Does GM global A allow you to reprogram a used module with a different VIN?

Tuner
    I ended up sending mine in. It’s expensive when you factor express shipping, but it comes out to be s few bucks less then buying one.

The headache of getting it programmed, matching your vehicle etc etc etc. finding a dealer who isn’t a dick.

Anyways, for me, 2 day shipping each way plus i think it was two days there. Equaled about $95 in shipping fees.

How hard was it for you to actually get it out and put it back in? I don't have a place to work on my car unfortunately I live in an apartment with a lot of "do-gooders" around that will start asking questions if I start tearing a bunch of stuff off my car in my parking garage. I've heard you have to remove the whole front end?

Tuner
    Very simple.
    I am disabled. So not quite crippled but fairly unflexible.
    On my vehicle, it was right next to the ecu. So for me I decided to take he airbox out. It let me not have to twist.
    But the TCM is held on by one wire harness clip. Once that it off, it pulls out. It comes out like a door opens. There are a pair of plastic “teeth” on the inboard side of the tcm. So you pull on that side and it opens out in an arc.

Real simple.

If I was able bodied, I could get ontop of that half of the engine bay and twist my arms around the coolant reservoir (it’s technically behind that on the firewall).
    It would be out in 2 mins max.
    Just make sure to unplug battery.

any ETA on these yet?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by LT1Z View Post
    any ETA on these yet?
    Current no eta to stock them.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"