Thread: Need help with 4-3 downshift

Potential Tuner

Need help with 4-3 downshift

Hello all,
    I have ls3 6.2 with gearstar 4L65e trans w/ yank3000 stall. E38 and t42 controllers out of 08 Silverado. 3.70 gears. had engine tuned here locally in Las Vegas. The issue I am having is a stumble/hesitation at part throttle and WOT when I am in 4th and it wants to kickdown into 3rd. I tried different trans tune from the repository with no luck. Attached is the complete tune. Please help and give suggestions as to what may cause this.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mching40; 11-04-2018 at 05:35 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    those shift points ask it to never shift 3>4 at WOT. they anything over 81% throttle will ask for immediate 4>3 kickdown.

use your data logger to tell you which shift pattern its listening to. or make them all the same for ease of tuning. the 3>4 and 4>3 shift points are a little bit how you going I think. doesn't know if its coming or going.

did you "auto scale" the trans tune to suit the 3.70 gears? does the PCM receive accurate VSS data or is it miles out?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lukearmstrong1990 View Post
    those shift points ask it to never shift 3>4 at WOT. they anything over 81% throttle will ask for immediate 4>3 kickdown.

use your data logger to tell you which shift pattern its listening to. or make them all the same for ease of tuning. the 3>4 and 4>3 shift points are a little bit how you going I think. doesn't know if its coming or going.

did you "auto scale" the trans tune to suit the 3.70 gears? does the PCM receive accurate VSS data or is it miles out?
    thanks lukearmstrong for the reply. i noticed that with WOT. i will make all shift patterns the same. i did autoscale the trans tune for my gears and the ppm receives it speed signal from trans.

What did you mean by coming or going?
    Do you have any files to share with solid cruising shift points as well as lockup and release

Advanced Tuner
    final 630rwhp.hpt

that's an E40 but T42 trans.

see the cruise 3>4 and 4>3 shift points over 30 odd % TPS aren't very close together like yours are.

I would try something like that and see how it effects it.

Potential Tuner
    ok cool thanks luke. I will try out those shift points. I will update once I do. Thanks again.