Thread: E40 ECU electric fans always on

Potential Tuner

E40 ECU electric fans always on

I installed an LS2 in a 1971 240Z. the engine runs great but i cannot seam to figure out why the 2 electric fans come on immediately after I start the engine. I have 2 electric fans that run off two separate relays. When the LS2 is running I can turn on and off both fans with hptuner. I read that it may have something to do with the AC pressures. I am not running AC. I have attached a copy of my tune. Any help would be great.

Pete
    Attached Files Attached Files

need a log i would thing faulty ect temp sensor log file wont wont help without stock settings

You could log AC pressure to see if your PCM believes the pressure is high or as you are not running AC you could just zero out your AC pressure fan tables and see what happens.

Potential Tuner
    I read this quote on a web site, the guy was having the same problem. Does anyone know were to make this change. I am new to hptuner.

Good News....you can scratch another issue of my list as this has been resolved. Have to say out of the many many problems/Issues/Opportunities this one ranks right up there on the iritation monitor. Not sure why. Guess I felt it was so simple yet it cost me alot of time.

Regardless nothing is easy....even the easy stuff.

So drum roll please.....the issue was a simple. Seems there are two fields that monitor A/C refrigerant pressure and if the setting is on two that tells the pc to look for any issues and if it finds something to default in turning the fans on 2 seconds after the car starts. By changing this setting to 3 this turns this signal off and the car is no longer looking for pressure issues on the AC of which I don't have. By doing this it assumes there are no issues and resumes normal programing and goes to the fan table.

I want to thank AKNOVAMAN for trying to help.....enjoyed the chat and appreciated the support / help.

Glad it was not my PCM and for the first time thrilled my fans didn't turn on for a change.

Today it is 43 degrees up here and yesterday we had snow so it took a long while to get the engine up to temp.

Ok this on is in the bag time to move onto final interior assembly. Oh and one more thing.....appraiser is coming over today so I will find out what they think.

Can you post a screen shot of the two fields? I can't locate them.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Potential Tuner
    I solved the problem with the help of customer service at PSI. I had 2 pending codes P0532 and P0645 both AC codes. When i change the DTC to "no error reporting" the problem was fixed.