Thread: Connect 2 devices to the CAN-bus?

Tuner in Training

Connect 2 devices to the CAN-bus?

Hello

Recently, I bought myself a HP tuners MVPI2.
    I own a 2015 Silverado 5.3 V8
    I have some experience with the RT tuners software, so I thought it would all go smooth...

Run against an unexpected problem thow....

Here in Europe, Gasoline prices ar about 1.5? for a liter, what compares to about 6$ a gallon....
    For this reason, most of the V8 engines run on LPG, a mixture of propane and butane.
    This fuel is injected by an aftermarket system, that I recently have installed, so it is a complete new, modern system.
    The truck runs very well, but I noticed that it still has a little more power on normal gasoline
    Because it runs on this LPG most of the time, I wanted to log the data while running on LPG, so I can adjust the parameters in the ECM.
    It will run not as economic on gasoline then, but it will run perfect on LPG.

The problem I encountered is that this modern system, also use the CANbus.
    Since it seems that only 1 device at the time can connect to this CANbus, the LPG system dont want to turn on anymore, after the HP tuners is connected...
    Is there a solution for that?

grtz, D

You can connect several devices on the CAN bus, however there are different types of CAN protocols and you also need to make sure the termination resistor is correct. If you have the wrong resistor value the bus will not work.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Tuner in Training
    dmax,
    what GPL system are you running on your direct injection? ICOM? PRINS? LANDI? i can assest you.