Thread: Connecting wideband via EGR Pintle Position Sensor at PCM

Tuner in Training

Connecting wideband via EGR Pintle Position Sensor at PCM

I'm completely new to tuning and looking to start tuning on a friend's project car. I have an AEM wideband kit on the way. In searching some, I found that people have used the EGR Pintle Position Sensor input at the PCM to allow the PCM to report wideband data, so that it can be logged along with everything else from the ALDL. The problem is that I am seeing various different information on which pin this should be.

Here's some specs on the setup:

87 Trans Am (was a 305 TPI car)
    Aluminum L33 5.3 V8
    4L60E transmission (earlier style bellhousing, not entirely sure of year)
    2000 LS1 F-body harness
    Custom conversion harness that plugs into the original factory firewall connector and then into the LS1 harness
    2000 "0411" PCM - not sure where it came from
    LS6 intake and factory injectors off my 2004 LS1 GTO
    LS2 cam and timing cover

So, which pins are the ones to use for the EGR or A/C pressure sensor? I have seen stuff saying pins 9 or 55 on the blue plug are the EGR. Any real experience on which is which?
    2017 Chevy Cruze | Stock daily driver

2004 Pontiac GTO | Magnacharger kit | Pedders Track II Suspension | Custom 1,200 watt stereo system

1987 Pontiac Trans-Am | L33 Aluminum block 5.3 engine | 4L60e Transmission | 2000 Camaro PCM and harness | Custom LS to F-body harness

I used 55 and like 41 for the ground.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    OK. One of the diagrams I have says pin 55 is the one to use. It helps to confirm before I go taking things apart. Thanks!
    2017 Chevy Cruze | Stock daily driver

2004 Pontiac GTO | Magnacharger kit | Pedders Track II Suspension | Custom 1,200 watt stereo system

1987 Pontiac Trans-Am | L33 Aluminum block 5.3 engine | 4L60e Transmission | 2000 Camaro PCM and harness | Custom LS to F-body harness

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I used 55 and like 41 for the ground.
    how do you activate the pin 55 in hp tuners ?
    i have enabled the egr setting but not seem to give me voltage

Potential Tuner
    did you ever figure this out? having the same problem.

Tuner
    Try pin 47. It shows for me the 5v reference. That is what you use to log the signal voltage. Then the math is pretty easy after that to convert the voltage to an AFR percentage.

You don't really "activate the pin" ... when you use the scanner, after you connect to the vehicle, repopulate your parameters for that vehicle and then add a channel for EGR Pintle position sensor (that's what pin 55 is usually for on that ECM) then open up a user math and put in a formula that uses that PID as the input value for the voltage and run the same math as an EQ ratio and use that to populate a table