Thread: Driver Demand Tables

Tuner in Training

Driver Demand Tables

Looking for some clarification on the driver demand tables for 2016 Sierra Denali 5.3 L83 motor with A8 transmission. In tables A,B, & C the numbers are completely different than in the tables for the A6 transmission with the same motor.

Attached is the file pulled from my truck and the other is one pulled from the repository.

Any help understanding the difference would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

small numbers are in kilowatts
    big numbers are axle torque

some are in RPM
    some are in MPH

depends on trans, year, operating system

Tuner in Training
    I assume then there not really a conversion from axle torque to KW?
    Would the same process apply to smoothing or adjusting the tables, gently, for better low end drivability on a stock truck with no add-ons?

Driver demand tables will make the throttle more or less aggressive. You wanna leave the negative numbers alone, because you want the engine to stop revving when you let off the throttle.

I found Sometimes the negative numbers were not negative enough because the RPM would hang up for a few seconds after letting off from full throttle at certain speeds when going from full throttle to 2 % throttle or no throttle input at all.

The Scale of the numbers is what's relevant. and not their meaning.
    Last edited by ZeroBoostBuick; 11-07-2018 at 08:58 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the info, it sounds like unless I am heavily modding my truck I should probably leave these alone. I was looking for a little more bottom end and after reading other threads about these tables it sounded like changing them some would change the torque model some to give a little more bottom end.
    Need to look elsewhere in the tune, I suppose.

You are correct, this table car help release a little more torque. You can play with it and up the numbers to see how much if affects the driveability.

Leaving the negative numbers alone is the safest thing when messing with the DD tables.

I think you might want to modify the "Max Torque / peak torque" table under / torque management / general /

That table can "wake up" the vehicle a little.

Advanced Tuner
    Zero and Higgs are spot on. You can play with the table some, but leave the - numbers alone. Also any numbers in the lower part of the table that you increase will make the throttle really touchy in the part throttle area. The shop that did my PC D1SC setup and tune had my stock 17 Camaro SS driver demand tables in place, while the car felt stronger it felt held back. I looked at the tables from a 17 ZL1 with the M6 and used parts of the table from it.

Car turned into a night and day difference.