Thread: l83 stock tune with manual transfer case

Tuner in Training

l83 stock tune with manual transfer case

Hi everyone, does anyone have a stock tune for a 2015 l83 with an automatic trans and a manual transfer case. I have put a 2015 l83 in my 1997 k1500, when I put it into 4 low it is going into limp mode. All I can figure is that the ECM doesnt know its in 4 low so it thinks its being abused.

you've got completely incompatible hardware to sensors your 2 generations off.
    I put a trans 2017 f150 from jasper had to dissemble the whole trans take harness out AND USE THE OEM THAT CAME WITH ORIGINAL TRUCK. in other words just cause it plugs in doesn't mean thing

Tuner in Training
    I am using the transmission that came with the l83 and the wiring harness that came out of the 2015 truck. I am useing my original transfer case and it goes in and out of 4 wheel drive fine its just that when i put it in 4 low its causing the engine to go into limp mode. I was hopeing that someone had a stock tune of a l83 6l80e with a manual transfer case. According the the wiring diagrams I have the manual transfer case on the 2015 sends the same type of signal to the ecm that my tccm sends out. thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner
    I don't think they ever offered the L86-8L90e with a manual T case.

is there a vss in the T case now? if so can you move it to inbetween the trans and T case? that way it will read the same even when you are in 4 low.