Thread: 4th ecm in a week

Tuner in Training

4th ecm in a week

Okay I'll start from the beginning, 06 GMC Yukon Denali, had my vehicle tuned at a shop it is a poor tune but I have not been able to keep a 60e in it with the awd. I bought hp with wanting to learn some tuning skills, I licensed my vehicle with 6 credits. I've disabled traction control and changed some fan settings. When the 6th 60e died in a years time, I had a shop install a 2wd 80e and pin ecm for vss input. I segmented a 80e tune from resp on hp, now you're going to ask if os is the same and straight up idk, so how do I find this os number? Had a previous gm mechanic come down to try and reinstall stock programing with tech2 and no luck. Since then he has tried with multiple ecm's on my dime and with the same result, he can connect junk yard ecm and read the file, but when he enters my vin it will connect erase and fall on its face with a error promt stating that the vin provided has unrecognized licensing on multiple modules. So how is it possible that gm knows that my vin has been altered when he is connected to a junk yard ecm? How do I fix this issue I'm in the hole for almost 500.00 now.. with no results.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    To find what your OS is, simply click on the Calibration Details icon, then click Controllers. Yours is 12587811.
    If HP Tuners allowed you to perform the Segment Swap, then you must have found the proper compare file with the same OS. If it had a different OS, then HP Tuners will not allow you to perform the segment swap.
    Did you swap both the transmission segment and the transmission diag segments as well?
    I didn't see any obvious problems with your segment swap, but I took your original file and performed a segment swap on it as well. See the attached file.

Hopefully, that will fix you up.

I'm a little unclear as to why you've used 6 credits. You should have just used credits for your original PCM, then the compare file. Are you saying that you've licensed multiple PCM's?
    Good Luck!
    Kevin

what if modified SD.hpt