Thread: Changing displacement settings

Changing displacement settings

I've changed from a 5.7 to a 6.2 and I know many people go up in displacement with strokers, swapping in 6.4s, etc.
    I am also aware that changing some of the General | Type / Size / Displacement will put the car in "dyno mode."

My question is.. is there a need or ability to ever change these? At this point, I left all 3 as 5.7.
    2013 Dodge Challenger RT Plus - Shaker

Advanced Tuner
    I thought if you don't change the displacement the result will be that the values entered for VE will be higher than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    I thought if you don't change the displacement the result will be that the values entered for VE will be higher than normal.
    That's my conflict. I feel as though I should change them but I am aware of changing them enabling dyno mode. There are 3 settings, perhaps 1 can be changed that make the calculations accurate. Right now mine are 5.7 and the car tuned just fine. I was mainly curious.

It dumfounds me that the displacement in tune affects traction control and other things not related. I made the same mistake when I put the 6.4 in. Now have 5.7 in displacement and left 6.4 in eng size.
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

Advanced Tuner
    On the subject of these 3 fields (Engine Type, Engine Size, Displacement), airflow calculations are presumably based solely on the "Engine Size" parameter. I have seen no ill effects to ESP/TC when changing said parameter to reflect the displacement change.

Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    On the subject of these 3 fields (Engine Type, Engine Size, Displacement), airflow calculations are presumably based solely on the "Engine Size" parameter. I have seen no ill effects to ESP/TC when changing said parameter to reflect the displacement change.
    That's what I was looking for. I will experiment with mine and see how it goes.