Thread: 16263425 OS for a 4l80e?

Tuner in Training

16263425 OS for a 4l80e?

I see a c3500 in the tune repository with a 4l80e in it, with os 16263425. I have a 99 suburban with the 5.7 vortec and a 4l60e that also uses os 16263425. PROBLEM:I just swapped in a 4l80. I've seen all the videos etc on swapping the PCM pins, and the pins at the transmission and adding the front VSS (input) to the pcm. Easy enough. But according to support, I can't segment swap this PCM which leaves me really confused. How is it that the OS listed above can control two different transmissions that aren't even wired the same????(The burb and the c3500 use the same OS apparently). Can you really just swap the pins and roll with the PCM tuning from the 4l60? Looking through the tables, the two tunes are fairly close and I could always change what doesn't match manually. This will not change the fact that there is a lot going on in the PCM we can't change.....like what the pins are connected to etc. So how would the PCM even know to look at the front VSS or do anything with the signal its receiving from it?

I have virtually zero experience with these older pcm's, so please excuse my ignorance. I just basically want to make this 4l80 work in this vehicle as its already installed. I hate to think that I might have to run a stand alone controller or something to make this work.

All you trans experts out there that have been through this....PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Tuner in Training
    Anyone???