Thread: truck shuts off when placed into drive

Tuner in Training

truck shuts off when placed into drive

hi i am having a problem when i place the truck into drive it would idle fine but if i touch the throttle it shuts off and then when i go to start the engine it sounds like its flooding with fuel and take a little bit of cranking before it starts

i added the tune file and datalog ... maybe somebody can help me with this

its a 6.0l with a th400 transmission
    brian crower stage 2 camshaft
    stock engine
    high rise intake manifold
    102mm throttle body (cable)

0353cambasetunev3.hptchevybasev3datalogv1.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Mobile atm but sounds like you need more idle airflow - add 2 g/s to the in gear braf table to start and adjust from there - try to get the iac counts around 80 at hot idle and once you get idle all figured out and dialed in you may also need to adjust your cranking fuel chart to pulse less fuel during cranking because of the camshaft

Out of curiosity and without looking at the tune file, what MAP sensor are you running?? I notice that when the truck dies the MAP pegs out at 105kpa.

That is not right if have the correct MAP sensor linear and offset settings. The KOEO should at or near 100kpa if you live at sea level and lower if you live in the mountains.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.