Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: :( No eco 2.2L (Ion non-RL) tune yet?

Tuner

Unhappy :( No eco 2.2L (Ion non-RL) tune yet?

You guys gotta be gettin close! I see the 2.4L now has tune... don't give up I'm counting on ya!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    its got a completely different pcm then either the 2.0 & 2.4...chris has it on his list of things to look into.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Yup, all of us lowly QC guys are aware of this - but it's good to hear that somebody's trying to crack it! If/when you get it completed definitely let the boys over at redlineforums know! (or put me on your mailing list!!)

THX712517
    ...and the lowly Ion sedan guys with a paid off car and a $1000 a month budget for performance. Please support us!

Tuner
    i'm still hoping too

I'm pulling for you guys! People like Schizzo could be the ultimate sleepers...
    2005 Stage 2 Saturn Ion Redline
    260whp, 225wtq 14.0 @ 13.7 (2nd time dragging)

RedlineForums.com Moderator and Eager Tuning Noob.
    Chicago, IL

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp00ner
    I'm pulling for you guys! People like Schizzo could be the ultimate sleepers...
    lol funny u should mention it,

THX712517
    Still waiting, right?

Tuner in Training
    <<< Schizzo

haha hey Tony and Sp00n.

yeah I'm praying for this, need it bad as you both know

hell for the ability to turn of the rear o2, raise the limiter, and raise the speed limiter alone it would be worth it to me, let alone tuning for boost.
    Last edited by slowion2; 08-31-2006 at 04:15 PM.
    Quickest stock piece of plastic this side of the Mason-Dixon

Tuner
    no kidding - 2.2's heavily modded can't really "prove" it on the street (by shutting down a ricer fly-by) if we can't get above 105!

Tuner in Training
    well, I've bumped mine to 120 now, which is fine for track duty until I move on to road courses and such, and even then should be plenty. however, my speedo is a bit off now because of my tire size as compared to the calibration, realistically I can reach 115 now before fuel cut hits.

even before I never had a problem shutting them down either

I would however like to be able to tune for boost and such, get a 2 bar MAP, and start the second engine build already. not sure if I'll run a turbo or the eaton off the LSJ since both would work for me, but either way it's going to be a fun project, and the nitrous is staying with either one
    Last edited by slowion2; 09-01-2006 at 09:04 AM.

Tuner
    what'd u use to get yours up to 120? that'd probably be fine for me as well... for now

Tuner
    Who cares about speed limiters?

My issue is that I have an 03 Ion1 sedan (true sleeper) with the redline S/Charger bolted to it's 2.2 and no way at all to fuel it.

Tuner
    and that would be why you get a DFMU with an external pump.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by bc3tech
    IMO, that's a band-aid on a bullet wound, if you're going to do it, do it right

Quote Originally Posted by mpprotomec
    Who cares about speed limiters?

My issue is that I have an 03 Ion1 sedan (true sleeper) with the redline S/Charger bolted to it's 2.2 and no way at all to fuel it.
    Ironically I had been speaking to people about doing this, or going with a full LSJ swap on an Ion 1 Sedan. IMO that would be great. I buddy of mine up in Mass has a turbo Ion 1 Sedan and as it is people don't expect it, except he runs an open downpipe.

For those of us who get up to the 108 limiter in a hurry, it's somewhat important to move it up. I felt it was better than blowing something as I crossed the traps, as cool as that would look.

trust me, you can't find much if anything in/on my car, even with the hood up. it's the definition of a sleeper. just because it's not a sedan doesn't mean anything.
    Last edited by slowion2; 09-06-2006 at 01:27 PM.

Tuner
    so how did you get it moved up to 120

Tuner in Training
    there's two wheel/tire calibrations. one for 195/60/15 and one for 205/50/16. the 205/50/16 calibration will raise the limiter to 120mph as opposed to 108mph for the previous.

with that said, I have an obvious need for the bump, but in all honesty I don't think you do. no offense, but I can remember how long it takes to get to that speed with your modifications, it's not exactly quick, ergo you wouldn't need it for the track yet. I wouldn't suggest doing this until you've got realistic need for it.

also keep in mind that your speedo will most likely also be off as you will have smaller Overall Diameter wheel & tire combination on it. as it is now, I'm about 4-5% off with my 205/55/15's, hence why I'm roughly around 115mph when the fuel cuts even though the speedo reads 120mph.

you're also going to need to befriend someone at a dealership to do this as most will not for you. just a heads up.

at the same time though, with the coverage of HP Tuners we can bump this up, along with the rev limiter, remove the rear o2, etc. easily.

did I mention how bad I'm anticipating this being released? lol

Tuner
    I've got 215/40/18's - so could use the limiter bump. Am also getting a supercharger build this month. So thanks for the information and your opinion.

Tuner
    I don't know what a "D" FMU is.

Any FMU setup is pretty useless when you have an in-tank regulator set at 65psi and no return lines to plumb anything into.

Tuner in Training
    I've got 215/40/18's - so could use the limiter bump. Am also getting a supercharger build this month. So thanks for the information and your opinion.
    going with the eaton used on the LSJ? what fueling are you doing since there's nothing right now? there's a guy on TSN who's using a SAFC2 for now for fuel on his stock turbo build but he ran out of fuel at around 5psi on what I dont' think was larger than a large t3.

Quote Originally Posted by mpprotomec
    I don't know what a "D" FMU is.

Any FMU setup is pretty useless when you have an in-tank regulator set at 65psi and no return lines to plumb anything into.
    basically, it's a digital form of the same beast, and I can see you're not a fan either.