Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: :( No eco 2.2L (Ion non-RL) tune yet?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by slowion2
    going with the eaton used on the LSJ? what fueling are you doing since there's nothing right now? there's a guy on TSN who's using a SAFC2 for now for fuel on his stock turbo build but he ran out of fuel at around 5psi on what I dont' think was larger than a large t3.
    that would be why you don't use the SAFC and rely on a unit like the Aeromotive DFMU for returnless fuel systems. I think you guys need to let go of a bit of your judgement before hopping on here and attacking people.

I'm going with a Procharger centrifugal blower system w/ FMIC. SpeedMafia stage 2.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by bc3tech
    that would be why you don't use the SAFC and rely on a unit like the Aeromotive DFMU for returnless fuel systems. I think you guys need to let go of a bit of your judgement before hopping on here and attacking people.

I'm going with a Procharger centrifugal blower system w/ FMIC. SpeedMafia stage 2.
    no I'm sorry, thats not why. the stock injectors are not all that large, I'm not suprised at all that they ran out of fuel at around 5psi on that turbine. and for the record the fuel system was converted to returnless as well.

I'm not attacking anyone, I'm stating a fact. if those units were so great why do you think I haven't used one in one of my builds? they work alright, but to me you can do something for fueling a lot better than that. I'm also looking at it from the aspect of making large numbers, where as you're using a stock build, so it may work out fine for you, but I'm just not a fan of raising your fuel pressure for adequate fueling. once you hit a certain pressure level, there isn't any more fuel being added, and the stock rail is already at 60psi to start on these ecotecs.

haha so you're buying from Kevin too. he knows my opinion of the part and why I feel this way, and it's nothing personal, but with something like HP Tuners hopefully supporting this ecu it's foolish to act like it's the best solution possible. he's part of the reason why I can't decide between the eaton, a C-2, or a t3/to4e for my plans. I haven't talked to him lately, I should give him a shout some time.
    Quickest stock piece of plastic this side of the Mason-Dixon

MY buddy was just here saying that HPT supports the '05 and '06 2.2's, I told him he was wrong... I'm correct aren't I? There's NO 2.2 support yet, correct?
    2005 Stage 2 Saturn Ion Redline
    260whp, 225wtq 14.0 @ 13.7 (2nd time dragging)

RedlineForums.com Moderator and Eager Tuning Noob.
    Chicago, IL

Tuner
    Hey spoon- from what their first reply was to me (2nd post in this thread) it sounds like that's accurate.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp00ner
    MY buddy was just here saying that HPT supports the '05 and '06 2.2's, I told him he was wrong... I'm correct aren't I? There's NO 2.2 support yet, correct?
    the only support I am aware of for the 05-06 is for the transmission computer

Tuner in Training
    To my knowledge, the confusion comes from the J-bodies. The Cavalier and Sunfire L61's (2.2L Ecotec) are supported. The 05-06 Cobalts have a different ECM (E16), which is why they are not yet supported. The 07 now has another different ECM (E37). The trans module is supported, just not the engine module yet.

THX712517
    Confusion or no, WE WANT THE ION!

Right now it looks like we'll be able to support the 07 2.2 cobalt and ION.. not sure about the trans yet, we're looking into it.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by THX712517
    Confusion or no, WE WANT THE (04-06) ION!
    +1 +1 +1 +1 +1

- not about to buy a new car for tunability... dernit. I wonder if one could take the ECM from an 07 QC and put it in an 04.......... who wants to be the guinea pig?

The issue is that a few of those 2.2's use an oddball PCM. If those vehicles didn't use such an oddball pcm, support for them might have happened already.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner
    waiting for this as well

THX712517
    '03-'07, please. I want tuning too.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners
    The issue is that a few of those 2.2's use an oddball PCM. If those vehicles didn't use such an oddball pcm, support for them might have happened already.

so let thoes few poor saps suffer. if i turn out to be one oh well.

Tuner in Training
    Keith do you need a 03-04 Ion 2.2 ecu to work on? would this speed it up? I have a spare one in my workshop if need be

I'm almost tempted to sell off my 04 and possibly buy an 07......almost....probably not though....I'd pick up a 2.4 before that....

Tuner
    methinks somebody should yank 2.2L Cavi PCM and swap it into the Saturn 2.2L, match everything up, and tune away! 2.2L cavi is now supported according to their supported vehicles page.

Tuner in Training
    except that's not exactly how it works lol

Tuner in Training
    any news on this? I know b3 put his procharger c-1 in and has been trying to get it somewhat dialed in, but this would help him a ton.

Tuner
    damn right it would. car needs to lean out at low boost. it's freaking when it sees 1-2psi and dumping fuel to an AFR of 9-10:1! I've got a DFMU that can add fuel at the higher boost but this low boost "lag" is killing me!

THX712517
    Seriously rough. Maybe water injection would help a little bit? But seriously, tuning, please. This is my obiligatory request post.

Tuner
    i don't know what to do right now. I'm going to be hitting the country roads for road-tuning tonight, but I have a feeling I'll only be tuning for 4+psi as 1-3 are essentially "shot" right now.

I'm seriously contemplating the GM flash for the 2.2L even though it locks out HPT... drastic times call for drastic measures and I haven't seen anybody from HPT post in response recently (since v14 was released) so am willing to assume they have given up.

I should also add that i posted in the v14 release thread that the 2.2L Ion was still not supported and the owners & mods totally ignored the post... another indicator.

Do they realize the influx of orders they'll have as soon as they get this done? you can't tell me there was all that demand for the '07 stuff they put in v14.... half those cars JUST hit the floor - and ppl are already tuning them to this point? c'mon now...
    Last edited by bc3tech; 10-19-2006 at 08:58 AM.