Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 80 of 80

Thread: :( No eco 2.2L (Ion non-RL) tune yet?

  1. #61
    HP Tuners Owner Keith@HPTuners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,910
    Quote Originally Posted by sheek360
    hp tuners was WASTED on the 2.4's man. i bet u would sold more 2.2 credits. what do i know? im just a customer..... the 2.2's are so cheap. i want to make a project car, but i cant till i find a way our tuning the ecu. i dont want a damn fuel computer either. maybe one day u guys'll get bored and hack it.....
    Maybe so, however we structured our development schedule based on direct feedback from the 4cyl market late last year.

    Here is the post:
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2940

    We do try our best to support as much as we can as we know how much it means to the modding community as we are modders ourselves.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

  2. #62
    Tuner
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    They've explained to me it would take at least 2 months of solid development for the E16 pcm. And since Chris does all the cal work it would delay every other pcm they are working on currently by 2 more months.
    and all the other pcm's will have more purchase straight out the gate than the e16? c'mon now.

  3. #63
    Tuner
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners
    Maybe so, however we structured our development schedule based on direct feedback from the 4cyl market late last year.

    Here is the post:
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2940

    We do try our best to support as much as we can as we know how much it means to the modding community as we are modders ourselves.
    so... where's the poll for this year to outline what should be done in the coming year? also... didn't the ion redline get tuning in 06? where's it on the list of rankings? (so we know how many votes we need to get consideration next time)

    as you may have guessed, everybody here would have been voting for the 2.2L - but the e16 ecm. i'd be curious what you'd get if you factored that into your poll... also, i'm sure we'd have all posted back when you did the poll but frankly, the guys that are wanting it now didn't know about hpt. i'm sure if we did we'd have said something about it
    Last edited by bc3tech; 12-13-2006 at 12:28 PM.

  4. #64
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    MICHIGAN
    Posts
    16
    please don't make me sell my car.

    if we got a list of names of ppl that would buy it would that help???


    i feel so abandoned

  5. #65
    Tuner
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    139
    i doubt it'd help - the 2.2 Ecotec tuning thread in the Requests section has pretty much done that.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by sheek360
    hp tuners was WASTED on the 2.4's man. i bet u would sold more 2.2 credits. what do i know? im just a customer..... the 2.2's are so cheap. i want to make a project car, but i cant till i find a way our tuning the ecu. i dont want a damn fuel computer either. maybe one day u guys'll get bored and hack it.....
    the 2.4's got lucky (the ECM is shared with the V8's), we never intended to support them.

    it's not a case of getting bored, it's a case of justifying the development. So far we have been unable to justify a higher priority given everything else we have in the pipeline.

    I'm sure it will happen in time, it's just hard during the waiting.

    Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by ac66bronco
    please don't make me sell my car.

    if we got a list of names of ppl that would buy it would that help???


    i feel so abandoned
    when we did the initial 4cyl poll, over 400 people emailed me their VIN in 2 weeks. That kind of thing helps a lot. So far i would say we have around 20 people seriously asking for 2.2 support.
    I count sheep in hex...

  8. #68
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    MICHIGAN
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    when we did the initial 4cyl poll, over 400 people emailed me their VIN in 2 weeks. That kind of thing helps a lot. So far i would say we have around 20 people seriously asking for 2.2 support.

    make it 21

    ill pull my vin tomorrow.

    would you mind if we started another poll??? and see what happens?

  9. #69
    HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Bill@HPTuners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hailing from Parts Unknown
    Posts
    26,286
    Poll all you want, I'll invite the dodge & LBZ duramax guys & we'll see who wins
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

    A wise man once said "google it"

  10. #70
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    MICHIGAN
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    Poll all you want, I'll invite the dodge & LBZ duramax guys & we'll see who wins
    now thats just not fair

  11. #71
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    MICHIGAN
    Posts
    16

  12. #72
    HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Bill@HPTuners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hailing from Parts Unknown
    Posts
    26,286
    Quote Originally Posted by ac66bronco
    now thats just not fair
    the bottom line is there are hundreds of other pcm/tcm combo's out there that NOBODY offers anything for other then maybe handheld programmers...dodge has absolutly NOTHING available to them, yet they've got a good amount of aftermarket for them including superchargers, etc. Yet don't have a viable solution, Duramax is another HUGE market period whether your talking about LBZ, LB7, LLY or whatever...its HUGE...the diesel place forum has nearly 45 THOUSAND members and growing but don't have a tuning solution for LBZ other then inline modules currently. And Im not even getting started on the Ford market which is another area we need to enter & soon. If there were 2 more Chris's one for GM one for Ford & one for Dodge im sure your 2.2's would be on his short to do list.

    The fact is he ran a poll and the results werent pointing towards the 2.2 motors period and im sure if he ran a poll today it wouldnt be the same question

    Hopefully down the line you 2.2 guys get what your asking for but I doubt it will come any time soon.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

    A wise man once said "google it"

  13. #73
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    MICHIGAN
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    the bottom line is there are hundreds of other pcm/tcm combo's out there that NOBODY offers anything for other then maybe handheld programmers...dodge has absolutly NOTHING available to them, yet they've got a good amount of aftermarket for them including superchargers, etc. Yet don't have a viable solution, Duramax is another HUGE market period whether your talking about LBZ, LB7, LLY or whatever...its HUGE...the diesel place forum has nearly 45 THOUSAND members and growing but don't have a tuning solution for LBZ other then inline modules currently. And Im not even getting started on the Ford market which is another area we need to enter & soon. If there were 2 more Chris's one for GM one for Ford & one for Dodge im sure your 2.2's would be on his short to do list.

    The fact is he ran a poll and the results werent pointing towards the 2.2 motors period and im sure if he ran a poll today it wouldnt be the same question

    Hopefully down the line you 2.2 guys get what your asking for but I doubt it will come any time soon.

    were in the same boat with the launch of the cobalt and the g5 we have many many many after market parts yet no tuning im not guna bitch about it your either guna do it or you wont i just want to see where we stand now as far as demand

  14. #74
    HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Bill@HPTuners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hailing from Parts Unknown
    Posts
    26,286
    yeah I understand & I think we all do know where your coming from but business wise it doesnt look like the best decision on paper...hopefully your poll brings things in a different light for everyone, but either way I think their next 12 months or so of development are already set in stone calibration wise, though anything can happen so who knows.

    BTW i moved your poll to the engion section so it gets more views then the misc section.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

    A wise man once said "google it"

  15. #75
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    MICHIGAN
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    yeah I understand & I think we all do know where your coming from but business wise it doesnt look like the best decision on paper...hopefully your poll brings things in a different light for everyone, but either way I think their next 12 months or so of development are already set in stone calibration wise, though anything can happen so who knows.

    BTW i moved your poll to the engion section so it gets more views then the misc section.
    thank you i wasnt so sure where to put it and i understand the business part im a marketing major.

  16. #76
    Advanced Tuner black06g85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    277
    wow man... but yeah I do know a lot of people stuck right now waiting to do turbo's or s/c's on the 2.2 and have the money, parts, but no tuning.. I myself have a 2.0 lsj powered car (thank you guys for the quick release). but I def do see the need for tuning availabilty... just think how cheap the cars are and how many peoples 3 yr warranty's will be up soon.... gonna be a good chunk of people.. I also help out at a certain shop when help is needed, tyne my own car and whatnot... It would be nice to be able to tune some other customers cars who are literally just throwing their cars at me, and I can't do anything for em.
    well we shall see how the poll goes... I already voted.
    2006 cobalt (no more turbo)
    m62 2.7 pulley, E85, 79lb/hr injectors, 4-2-1 longtube header, airbox mod, stock catback

    1998 Trans am 5.3 iron block 317 heads 88mm turbo e85 105lb/hr injectors, twin 255's.... build in progress

    2014 wrx mild tune 18psi pump gas

  17. #77
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    20
    I dunno, I am anxious and want to see this, but I wouldnt' hold it against Chris at all. the fact is that you are still running a company, and if the demand isn't there, well it's not going to be priority at all. I'm sure it'll happen in time, I just am praying it's sooner rather than later so I can start getting these cars tuned and about.
    Quickest stock piece of plastic this side of the Mason-Dixon

  18. #78
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    22
    see I think the down side is I have guys call me all day long on a SC kit and Turbo kit but when I tell them the tuning methods I can provide them they turn away and say...Well I will wait till hp tuners comes out with tuning then buy a SC or Turbo kit? So I try to explain...post on HPT and let them know you want it for a Turbo kit or SC kit...so it is a cycle that is never ending...they are waiting on tuning to get a kit and you guys (HPT) say there is no demand so nothing will ever get resolved...

    So if I could tell these potential customers HPT is coming out I am sure they would buy (or build there own kit) a Turbo or SC kit for sure...but since there is no really date or even beta then it is dead in the water...I can put money if HPT had a beta even guys with 2.2L would be all over it and then SC and Turbo kits would be all over the place and the word would be out and you guys would be busy like all your other def's for other cars...

    again I am stating I get about 10 calls a day ATLEAST from all over the USA and now some parts of SA and I keep turning people away and I do feel bad for these guys... but hey what can I do...I have other solutions like Piggy Back or DFMU's but customers are in love with the HPT tuning ability

    So the real question here is….”How many people would you need to make this work and is there a process to put half the money down w/Vin Number and rest of the funds will be paid when the full version is out? This will not only provide you with money to fund the project but get customers to commit to the product and get the ball rolling.

    Let the 2.2L guys know as I have guys in VUE’s calling me now that have the 2.2L and the Chevy Malibu cars!

  19. #79
    Tuner
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    139
    admin removed.. arguing will not help the 2.2 cause.
    Last edited by Keith@HPTuners; 12-14-2006 at 02:27 PM.
    The '07 Aura XR
    [In] XM ExpressEZ
    [Next] intake res delete, Tint, Eibachs

    The Procharged Ion - SMP Stage 2 QC
    20/5 tint, SPS stb, CF dash, reflective bumper insert, 62mm TB, RL plugs, masked corners, progress rsb, RL fsb, 2.5" cat-back, triple pod w/ Boost, FPG, LC-1 & XD-16, filled front & rear mounts, pclear shorty shift, Procharged, Eibach Pros, 8k HIDs - 188.28whp / 175.03wtq, NO TUNE


  20. #80
    HP Tuners Owner Keith@HPTuners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,910
    This thread has served its purpose.

    We know some out there want 2.2 support and have stated our postion.. Perhaps we will re-evaluate in the new year.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...