Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: HP Tuners Pro Feature Set Update

Tuner
    @HPtuners when is the Help file going to be brought current as well as pro-features.. The help file doesnt even have dodge intel, just GM and Ford.

Thank you
    My ride.. 2009 Limited SRT8, Brilliant Black ⚫, Centerforce Clutch RIPx2 now Ram Clutches!, Full Adjustable BMR suspension, Solid mounted Cradle and Diff, DSS 1PC DS, Level 5 Axles, Belanger Headers, AFR500V2, Lowered, 180 Tstat, RonDavis Rad, Staggered tires.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by HemiFeverAZ View Post
    @HPtuners when is the Help file going to be brought current as well as pro-features.. The help file doesnt even have dodge intel, just GM and Ford.

Thank you
    scoll over any table you would like the description for, that is all that was in the help file ie carbon copy of what was in the scroll over help already.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Is, or will the Expander Hub (or any HPT hardware) be capable of simple control of any outputs, like Digital Output - to turn on a red LED light for example, without needing Scanner to be running on a computer? THis is something I assumed MPVI 1 could do early on, even while stand alone logging, but it could not.

Perfect example would be an alarm for something like Coolant Over Temp, Knock or Knock Learn above a certain threshold, AFR while WOT >0.82 Lambda (too lean), etc.

I built my own Arduino CAN system to do this, because my MPVI 1 cannot (without a laptop). I get a bright LED light if I have over 3deg Knock Retard, >0.1 Knock Learn, or >0.82 Lambda at WOT. I would eventually like to upgrade to MPVI 2, but for me there is no point unless this works.

Thanks
    Last edited by 10_SS; 09-10-2020 at 12:25 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    Is, or will the Expander Hub (or any HPT hardware) be capable of simple control of any outputs, like Digital Output - to turn on a red LED light for example, without needing Scanner to be running on a computer? THis is something I assumed MPVI 1 could do early on, even while stand alone logging, but it could not.

Perfect example would be an alarm for something like Coolant Over Temp, Knock or Knock Learn above a certain threshold, AFR while WOT >0.82 Lambda (too lean), etc.

I built my own Arduino CAN system to do this, because my MPVI 1 cannot (without a laptop). I get a bright LED light if I have over 3deg Knock Retard, >0.1 Knock Learn, or >0.82 Lambda at WOT. I would eventually like to upgrade to MPVI 2, but for me there is no point unless this works.

Thanks
    Unlikely
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Any update on Expander Hub availability?

It is still being marketed as coming feature nearly 2 years late.

It's about time we [consumers] get an answer.

Either it will be her by ... or it has been scrapped!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post

Thanks
    That sounds interesting. Is your project available on Github?

Potential Tuner
    I have the pro feature. I'm looking forward to the expander hub. ETA? Thanks in advance.

Tuner in Training
    I can see HPTnet channel in VCM suite beta. But when is expander hub show up

=wondering=
    2017 WT Ranger 3.2L P5AT

Quote Originally Posted by Hexadecimal View Post
    That sounds interesting. Is your project available on Github?
    no, maybe one day though. I put a lot of time into figuring out how to get fast (>10hz with 8 channels) responses back from the OBD system, and Mode 22 PIDs. All of the OBD examples are for Mode 01, and they are slow, 1-2hz. Setting up "Fast Response" now, > 20hz though not really needed since I have >10hz with 8channels on my little 4x20 LCD dash mount display, that's all I can fit.

This vid is an old version of it using an ELM327, yuk. it's come a long way since:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiVMhhTgudo

Thing is, if I can do it, I know they can do it, better . Started this almost 10yrs ago and had to figure out every step of the way.
    Last edited by 10_SS; 02-09-2021 at 01:03 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Potential Tuner
    Prolink, Expander Hub, More Than Two Analog Sensor Inputs Question

I am using prolinks two available inputs, but would like to add some additional analog sensors (0v to 5v) to the canbus? I am thinking about 5 to 6 additional analog sensors. Is there anything available to do this? Seems like the expander hub would, but I don't think it's available and may never be. Anyone using something different to get additional analog sensors on the canbus. Are people using Arduino for this? If so, will someone point me in the right direction? Can you daisy chain the prolink? Thanks in advance.

Just wondering if the expander hub will ever be available for current mpvi devices its a very cool device for us calibrators who need more than the basic 2 additional sensors on builds while on the dyno. Was a extremely good idea hate to see we never got the product.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost0187 View Post
    Just wondering if the expander hub will ever be available for current mpvi devices its a very cool device for us calibrators who need more than the basic 2 additional sensors on builds while on the dyno. Was a extremely good idea hate to see we never got the product.
    Theres alot of features that we are led to believe will be available that end up becoming vapor ware, and more than one that we USED to have and were taken away somehow or are broken features that have been brought up time and time again, or features that were supposed to be fleshed out that never were.... Unfortunately that is how it is operated today

Expander hub
    Used to be able to do 4 inputs without having to do anything, now just 2
    The marking/note feature that was in version 1 and 2 or something but was taken away and has been missing for years
    TCC lockup buttons that used to work fine but now are reversed logic on some PCMs (lock is unlock and vice versa)
    Bidirectional controls that just plain DONT work.
    Logging parameters really necessary to properly tune things like idle, missing bunch of channels on say some E38s that are present for other year/OS E38s
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by GrannySShifting View Post
    1. Expander hub
    2. Used to be able to do 4 inputs without having to do anything, now just 2
    3. The marking/note feature that was in version 1 and 2 or something but was taken away and has been missing for years
    4. TCC lockup buttons that used to work fine but now are reversed logic on some PCMs (lock is unlock and vice versa)
    5. Bidirectional controls that just plain DONT work.
    6. Logging parameters really necessary to properly tune things like idle, missing bunch of channels on say some E38s that are present for other year/OS E38s
    1. We're working to address this
    2. We're working to address this
    3. The marker should work in the current beta.
    4. Open up a ticket for this specific info with all the vehicle information so we can address.
    5. Open up a ticket for this specific info with all the vehicle information so we can address.
    6. Open up a ticket for this specific info with all the vehicle information so we can address.

If you want these issues to be addressed, we need tickets. If you have a ticket for 4, 5, 6, post your ticket number for each and we can look into where that ticket went.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...