Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HP Tuners Pro Feature Set Update

HP Tuners Pro Feature Set Update

HP Tuners Pro Feature Set Updates

We are excited to announce that the Pro Feature Set is now available for purchase!
    At the initial launch, Pro Feature Set will give you the ability to use Pro Link, and Expander Hub.
    Future updates of the Pro Feature Set will follow shortly with;

Pro Feature Set

• Stand Alone Logging (vehicle dependent)
    • Accelerometer Logging
    • BlueTooth Flashing
    • HPTnet Activation (MPVI2 display port)
    __- Data Broadcasting
    __- Wireless Sensors
    __- Pro Link Support
    __- Expander Hub Support

Cost of the Pro Feature Set will be $249.99 and will include a FREE Pro Link
    Click here to visit the Pro Feature Set product page

Introducing the HP Tuners Pro Link

Along with the Pro Feature Set we will also launch our Pro Link.
    Together with the Pro Feature Set, the Pro Link will allow you to import two analog and one
    CAN signal such as a wide Band O2 or boost pressure sensor, further enhancing your calibration
    and logging experience.

Pro Link

• 2x dedicated 0-5V analog inputs
    • 1x CAN bus input (500kb)
    • 100Hz sampling rate
    • HPTnet cable (male) to 5 wire harness
    • For MPVI2 ONLY

This device will be FREE with the Pro Feature Set, and will be provided for FREE to
    customers that have upgraded from an MPVI PRO

Should you need a replacement or additional Pro Link cable the cost will be $34.99
    Click here to visit the Pro Link product page

Expander Hub

The Expander Hub will offer a wider variety of inputs and analog outputs, and the capability of
    Bluetooth pairing with the MPVI2.
    It will be the ultimate tool for the professional tuner that will help you perfect your calibration by
    integrating any device you need to use.

Expander Hub

• 2x dedicated 0-5V analog outputs
    • 4x universal pins capable of analog input, digital input, PWM input, digital output, or PWM output
    • 2x external CAN bus inputs
    • 100 Hz analog signal acquisition rate
    • Configurable and field updatable via HPTnet (wired mini display port)
    • Configuration data is non-volatile (remembers its settings)
    • HPTnet via Bluetooth pairing to MPVI2 enabled

This device will be an additional charge (TBD), and will need to be purchased separately
    from the Pro Feature Set

Customer Scenarios

1. New MPVI2 Buyer ? Purchase an MPVI2 with Pro Feature Set and the Pro Link cable
    will come FREE in the MPVI2 box. ($549.98 plus shipping)

2. Existing MPVI2 Owner ? Purchase Pro Feature Set and receive Pro Link for FREE
    ($249.99 plus shipping).

3. Upgrade MPVI Std Owner ? Upgrade MPVI Std to MPVI2, you must also purchase
    Pro Feature Set to receive a Pro Link ($438.99 plus shipping).

4. Upgrade MPVI Pro Owner ? Upgrade MPVI Pro to MPVI2, Pro Feature Set and
    Pro Link is provided FREE of charge ($189.00 plus shipping).

5. Existing Upgraded MPVI2 Owner – Already upgraded your MPVI Pro to MPVI2, Pro Feature Set and
    Pro Link is provided FREE of charge (plus shipping) for a limited time only. Contact SUPPORT HERE
    should you require a Pro Link cable.

Click here for details about the upgrade process

For the full VCM Editor Change Log, please see the following link:
    http://www.hptuners.com/help/VCM-Edi...changelog.html

For the full VCM Scanner Change Log, please see the following link:
    https://www.hptuners.com/help/VCM-Sc...changelog.html

Will any or all of the outputs (Digital Outputs) work without Scanner running?

I wanted to have my current MPVI DO operational without scanner running, but was never possible.

This works great for a red light for something like KNOCK LEARN or LEAN AFR, etc.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Couple questions:

1) Can we define our own CAN parameters with both the Pro Link and the expander hub?

2) Can we please get the ability to define our own CAN parameters on the main CAN bus?

3) Just how much control will we have on the universal inputs with respect to reading digital/PWM values? For example, a flex fuel sensor sends two pieces of data. The frequency corresponds to ethanol content, and the pulse width corresponds to fuel temperature. Will we be able to define things like that? I assume reading frequency and duty cycle is doable.

4) Will there be internal pull-up or pull-down resistors available on the inputs or at least an easily accessed reference point?

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Dot
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Great news!
    Will be patiently waiting......not.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Advanced Tuner
    I know, I know... but approximately how much for the expander hub?
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    I know, I know... but approximately how much for the expander hub?
    ^^^ What he said?

jaydubb71: It appears we just need to RTFM.

"This device will be an additional charge (TBD), and will need to be purchased separately
    from the Pro Feature Set
    "
    Last edited by gbishop20012001; 11-10-2018 at 05:05 PM.

Tuner in Training
    When will the Prolink ship to those who have upgraded?

I know I am the farthest down the food chain but love to fondle new hardware!!

Chris
    2004 Corvette
    2004 GTO
    2013 Yukon Denali XL

Potential Tuner
    I have a dyno session coming up on Dec 6. If I upgrade my MPVI Pro now, will the prolink be available in time with 2-day shipping? What version BT is used?

Been using BT OBD's for awhile. Nice to see the upgrade.

thx for any info.

Maybe I didn?t see it the answer when I read threw but

How would it work I purchased the mpvi2 cause the upgrade wasn?t available yet and then a week later it became available

I own mpvi pro when/if I send them in to get combined will that qualify me for a free pro upgrade

Potential Tuner
    Can the pro link be used without the pro feature set..just to log wideband or do you have to upgrade to pro feature set also?

Potential Tuner
    Seems like the pro link and the pro feature set is just a waste of money when you can just purchase the expander hub. People really want the blutooth, standalone data flashing/logging and the analog wiring features. I mean for the pro set you are paying an

additional $189-250 but can't use all of the pro features unless you pay more for extra stuff seems kinda like a scam to me especially since some of the stuff was seemed like it was advertised as just standard upgrades from the mpvi1

(blutooth, standalone flashing,etc). It just seems like they are double dipping for the extras and the pro feature set is just a expensive okay you can use stuff if you pay more feature. The hub expander should come with the pro feature set purchase and the pro link

should be available to the standard users for a small unlock feature price. I am not a owner of either forms of hptuners yet but man it seems like they have getting over on a lot of people who need 1 or more of these features.
    Last edited by Clttzr; 11-18-2018 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clttzr View Post
    Seems like the pro link and the pro feature set is just a waste of money when you can just purchase the expander hub. People really want the blutooth, standalone data flashing/logging and the analog wiring features. I mean for the pro set you are paying an

additional $189-250 but can't use all of the pro features unless you pay more for extra stuff seems kinda like a scam to me especially since some of the stuff was seemed like it was advertised as just standard upgrades from the mpvi1

(blutooth, standalone flashing,etc). It just seems like they are double dipping for the extras and the pro feature set is just a expensive okay you can use stuff if you pay more feature. The hub expander should come with the pro feature set purchase and the pro link

should be available to the standard users for a small unlock feature price. I am not a owner of either forms of hptuners yet but man it seems like they have getting over on a lot of people who need 1 or more of these features.
    Expander Hub requires the Pro Feature set as well.

When you compare to our previous MPVI Standard interface $499, the MPVI2 is $299. The MPVI Pro was $649 compared to MPVI2 + Pro Feature Set $299 + $249 + Pro Link (free). Your comment makes no sense.

Considering just about every single manufacturer uses WBO2 sensors in their vehicles (with notable exception of GM) our thought was the primary need for the analog inputs is reduced, hence we made it optional.

If you upgrade from MPVI Pro interface to MPVI2, you get all this included at no extra cost to the $189 upgrade fee! What more do you want?
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by lsxmalibu View Post
    Can the pro link be used without the pro feature set..just to log wideband or do you have to upgrade to pro feature set also?
    You get the Pro Link for free when you purchase the Pro Feature Set.
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod1122 View Post
    Maybe I didn?t see it the answer when I read threw but

How would it work I purchased the mpvi2 cause the upgrade wasn?t available yet and then a week later it became available

I own mpvi pro when/if I send them in to get combined will that qualify me for a free pro upgrade
    Yes, please make sure you inform the support guys of this special situation when you send the MPVI Pro in for combining.
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Couple questions:

1) Can we define our own CAN parameters with both the Pro Link and the expander hub?

2) Can we please get the ability to define our own CAN parameters on the main CAN bus?

3) Just how much control will we have on the universal inputs with respect to reading digital/PWM values? For example, a flex fuel sensor sends two pieces of data. The frequency corresponds to ethanol content, and the pulse width corresponds to fuel temperature. Will we be able to define things like that? I assume reading frequency and duty cycle is doable.

4) Will there be internal pull-up or pull-down resistors available on the inputs or at least an easily accessed reference point?
    Bump.

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Couple questions:

1,2, & 3 are functions of VCM Scanner, Keith is aware.

4. no pullups or pulldowns but there are ground references.
    I count sheep in hex...

Lack of a 5v reference point is a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    Will any or all of the outputs (Digital Outputs) work without Scanner running?

I wanted to have my current MPVI DO operational without scanner running, but was never possible.

This works great for a red light for something like KNOCK LEARN or LEAN AFR, etc.
    Yes i believe they will work with standalone datalogging when available.
    I count sheep in hex...

thanks you for the replay