Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: HP Tuners Pro Feature Set Update

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    What you are saying is incorrect.

The MPVI1 Pro was $649 and included the EIO inputs in the device. The MPVI2 is $299 and adding the Pro Feature Set for $249 makes the total price $548 (that's $100 LOWER than before). The Expander Hub does much more than the Pro Link and is targeted at track day guys who want extra inputs, outputs or other stuff such as used in racecars, we expect it will cost < $150.

We could of made the MPVI2 $549 and include the Pro Feature set sure, but a lot of people never want those features. We also didn't make 5 different options for buying this and that feature because it is too confusing. Either way, the MPVI2 is more flexible AND cheaper.

For historical perspective, we haven't increase our base unit prices since the day we started the company almost 15 years ago.
    I will concede that I was mistaken about getting blutooth, standalone logging/writing and the expander hub but I got my info from the forum and not the website, here. It listed things as benefits of the mpvi2 and not a pro feature so that is where my confusion began. Anyway how would it be confusing if you got to choose which features you wanted with a option to add more later? If you broke each option down in detail I am sure the vast majority of people would get it. I know there will be the select few that didn't (hey I got confused about the options given with the pro set and expander hub as giving the ability to use more features instead of it being a more advanced pro link, though like this I would ask these things before buying). You could even do the pro feature set as a bundle with the pro link or a small discount to appeal to more standard customers to think about upgrading. With the pro features being locked behind a pay wall if someone messes up then it should be simple to lock out that function again. I sure a tech wiz can even figure out if the feature was used or not and say no refunds if it was used.
    Last edited by Clttzr; 11-23-2018 at 04:07 PM. Reason: someone mentioned the mpvi1 came with credits so no reason to bring it up again so I deleted that part

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clttzr View Post
    I will concede that I was mistaken about getting blutooth, standalone logging/writing and the expander hub but I got my info from the forum and not the website, here. It listed things as benefits of the mpvi2 and not a pro feature so that is where my confusion began. Anyway how would it be confusing if you got to choose which features you wanted with a option to add more later? If you broke each option down in detail I am sure the vast majority of people would get it. I know there will be the select few that didn't (hey I got confused about the options given with the pro set and expander hub as giving the ability to use more features instead of it being a more advanced pro link, though like this I would ask these things before buying). You could even do the pro feature set as a bundle with the pro link or a small discount to appeal to more standard customers to think about upgrading. With the pro features being locked behind a pay wall if someone messes up then it should be simple to lock out that function again. I sure a tech wiz can even figure out if the feature was used or not and say no refunds if it was used.
    The pro feature set IS being bundled with the pro link for $249. We have no plans to separate each and every little feature.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Ok I know this is a dead horse but i will beat it again.

I have an MVPI PRO. If I upgrade, i will get the MVPI2, the Prolink and the pro feature set when it comes out for $189.00

What is the turn around time for sending in?

And Im guessing the pro feature set is Software??

Thanks!
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostnotes View Post
    Ok I know this is a dead horse but i will beat it again.

I have an MVPI PRO. If I upgrade, i will get the MVPI2, the Prolink and the pro feature set when it comes out for $189.00

What is the turn around time for sending in?

And Im guessing the pro feature set is Software??

Thanks!
    Yes correct. https://www.hptuners.com/product/upgrade/

3 days
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner
    I kept my MVP1 pro for logging. I am ready to send it in for upgrade but do not see a path for that on site. I still have my camaro and 6 GM credits on MVP1. I already have MVP2. Procedure for me please. Do I have to send both back? Thanks
    Last edited by lrushton; 11-25-2018 at 08:16 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by lrushton View Post
    I kept my MVP1 pro for logging. I am ready to send it in for upgrade but do not see a path for that on site. I still have my camaro and 6 GM credits on MVP1. I already have MVP2. Procedure for me please. Do I have to send both back? Thanks
    Open a support ticket, yes you will need to send both in.

Does that mean that we can now update our mvp1 pro to the mvp2 pro feature? My account will let me update my interface but I am unsure if I send in my pro unit that I will get a MVP2 pro back.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by openwheel25 View Post
    Does that mean that we can now update our mvp1 pro to the mvp2 pro feature? My account will let me update my interface but I am unsure if I send in my pro unit that I will get a MVP2 pro back.
    As stated in the first line, December 2018

Tuner
    What is required in order to get the pro set to those of us that already have the MPVI2? Do we need to send anything or will we automatically get notified and receive the pro link in the mail? And sorry if this has been answered...I must have missed it!!
    Thank you

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by XxScottxXN View Post
    What is required in order to get the pro set to those of us that already have the MPVI2? Do we need to send anything or will we automatically get notified and receive the pro link in the mail? And sorry if this has been answered...I must have missed it!!
    Thank you
    All this information will be released shortly but the gist of it is you will purchase the pro feature set on your device page and pay for shipping on the pro link and we will send you out the pro link.

Tuner

Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    All this information will be released shortly but the gist of it is you will purchase the pro feature set on your device page and pay for shipping on the pro link and we will send you out the pro link.
    Thank you
    I guess I forgot to mention that I already have the MPVI2 PRO.....I just don't have the "PRO" part yet..or the link!! lol
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Hentzschel View Post
    I know Bill
    but that solves not the price raising for credits.
    example:
    Newer cars need 4 credits ($200,-) for licensing. But it just license the file, for only the file it is expensive. Other Tuners, who use SCT pay (I think) $250-300 for the flasher. Its about the same price. But SCT can hold a) the stockfile, b) hold the tune and c) its easy to send the customer tune upgrades.
    I love the VCM Editor and Scanner very convenient to work with. What I miss, is a file hold/flash/log system similar like that.
    Sure, MPVI2 I can use. But customer need to load the VCM suite and can view my files. (no possibility to protect them).
    N-Gauge is a possibility, but logfiles from the N-Gauge are not good for the scanner. For Ecoboost, N.Gauge does not log the important parameters.
    I hope the standalone features can solve that better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    A solution is in the works.
    So your saying we will soon be getting stand alone flashing with the mpvi2?

From a cell phone app?

@Bill@hptuners
    please can you explain how the BlueTooth flashing and the standalone logging works? And does alredy working it now with the profeature set? Is ford one of the dependent cars?

Thanks Henry

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Hentzschel View Post
    @Bill@hptuners
    please can you explain how the BlueTooth flashing and the standalone logging works? And does alredy working it now with the profeature set? Is ford one of the dependent cars?

Thanks Henry
    Not a feature in the software yet.

Are we able to upgrade the mpv1 pro to the mpv2 pro yet?
    Thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by openwheel25 View Post
    Are we able to upgrade the mpv1 pro to the mpv2 pro yet?
    Thanks
    Very soon.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Very soon.
    Soon as in now?
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrannySShifting View Post
    Soon as in now?
    Yes, been available for several days now.

Tuner in Training
    Bro what about lexus too much customer in my grage ask about lexus any further updates will be for lexus ? HPTuners still need some toyota cars like fjcruiser and prado and land cruiser at least V8 cars and all lexus cars then hptuners is perfect to depend on it because i use bit box for toyota and lexus but bitbox not flexible like hptuners .

Potential Tuner
    Two questions.
    1. Whats the point in a BT button on both the Expander Hub and the MPVI2?
    2. If all I'm wanting to do at this point is Wideband logging should I go with the AEM X-Series OBDII or the PRO feature with just the link? I know it would be cheaper to go with the AEM but if I would be better off in the long run with the link for a good reason I would go that route. But I'm unsure what that reason would be?

I'm new to this so if this post is in the wrong place I'm sorry.