Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: HP Tuners Pro Feature Set Update

Hello! Any info about PRO features?

For now if you pay for pro you will need it only to use it with wideband, to connect wideband to MPVI2 through PRO link. It`s only one thing that work with it. But if you do not need wideband, you pay 250$ for nothing if you will get MPVI2 without PRO you still can connect wideband to notebook by the com port. And now the question, for what functions we pay over 250$? 2 years...and still nothing. Please explain me what functions I get with PRO that I can`t get with the simple version? I have got PRO version, but all that I can do without pro. Thank you for your attention

List of MPVI2 features:
    Universal credits
    Online licensing system
    USB connection
    Bluetooth connection
    Direct molded OBD2 connector
    Optional OBD2 extension cables
    Expandable 8GB microSD internal memory - for PRO use
    Expansion Port connection for PRO use
    Standalone Flashing via Bluetooth (release TBA) for PRO use
    Standalone Datalogging (release TBA) for PRO use
    Pro Feature Set (release TBA) for PRO
    HPT file Edit and Save without license

To say that I am disappointed in HPTuners would be an understatement. I upgraded to MPVI2 over a year ago, and now I can't use my LC-1 wideband. And the solution offered by HPTuners is to spend more $$$$ to buy an AEM. NO
    2.8/3.0/3.2 Pulley/ZZP CAI/1.6 HS Rockers/Hi Energy Comp Cam 76-802-9/LS7 Lifters/ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler/TOG Headers/Triple Edge Performance Stage 3 Transmission/3.29 Ratio/NGK TR6ix IRIDIUM .40 GAP/ZZP Fuel Rails/ZEX 100 shot NOS/GMPP Sway Bars/KYB Adjustable Struts/Power Stop Performance Pads/Rotors

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by coachcrow56 View Post
    To say that I am disappointed in HPTuners would be an understatement. I upgraded to MPVI2 over a year ago, and now I can't use my LC-1 wideband. And the solution offered by HPTuners is to spend more $$$$ to buy an AEM. NO
    If you own an MPVI2 and pro feature set you should have no issue logging your LC-1 wideband, if not open a support ticket. Nobody is telling you to spend more $ to buy an AEM.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    "HP Tuners Pro Feature Set Updates

We are excited to announce that the Pro Feature Set is now available for purchase!
    At the initial launch, Pro Feature Set will give you the ability to use Pro Link, and Expander Hub.
    Future updates of the Pro Feature Set will follow shortly with;

Pro Feature Set

? Stand Alone Logging (vehicle dependent)
    ? Accelerometer Logging
    ? BlueTooth Flashing
    ? HPTnet Activation (MPVI2 display port)
    __- Data Broadcasting
    __- Wireless Sensors
    __- Pro Link Support
    __- Expander Hub Support"

How much of the above is there as of now? Any timeline on anything new? Also, is there any timeline as to updates to your documentation for the modern versions of the suite? What I was kind of thinking is that, if you guys are busy, to create a kind of "community managed" wiki. All of us can contribute, obviously admin that stuff properly for correctness and whatnot, but I would be very much willing to help out with that, including taking screenshots and writing detailed docs that of course the community and the forum admins can correct and cull as needed. I think this would be a great idea, as we can get everything updated and in-line, as well as get a bunch of knowledge in an actual "manual", rather than just having people "just search the forum" and good luck to them. I got plenty of time and am very willing to help. I wrote 90% of the documentation for PlayOnLinux (an open-source app for running windows apps on *nix systems. It's a simplified explanation of the project, but suiting.) http://wiki.playonlinux.com/index.php/Main_Page

Anywho, just curious.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RoninDusette View Post
    "HP Tuners Pro Feature Set Updates

We are excited to announce that the Pro Feature Set is now available for purchase!
    At the initial launch, Pro Feature Set will give you the ability to use Pro Link, and Expander Hub.
    Future updates of the Pro Feature Set will follow shortly with;

Pro Feature Set

? Stand Alone Logging (vehicle dependent)
    ? Accelerometer Logging
    ? BlueTooth Flashing
    ? HPTnet Activation (MPVI2 display port)
    __- Data Broadcasting
    __- Wireless Sensors
    __- Pro Link Support
    __- Expander Hub Support"

How much of the above is there as of now? Any timeline on anything new? Also, is there any timeline as to updates to your documentation for the modern versions of the suite? What I was kind of thinking is that, if you guys are busy, to create a kind of "community managed" wiki. All of us can contribute, obviously admin that stuff properly for correctness and whatnot, but I would be very much willing to help out with that, including taking screenshots and writing detailed docs that of course the community and the forum admins can correct and cull as needed. I think this would be a great idea, as we can get everything updated and in-line, as well as get a bunch of knowledge in an actual "manual", rather than just having people "just search the forum" and good luck to them. I got plenty of time and am very willing to help. I wrote 90% of the documentation for PlayOnLinux (an open-source app for running windows apps on *nix systems. It's a simplified explanation of the project, but suiting.) http://wiki.playonlinux.com/index.php/Main_Page

Anywho, just curious.
    Most of this stuff will likely never happen. Its kind of how this company seems to work these days unfortunately :/
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    If you own an MPVI2 and pro feature set you should have no issue logging your LC-1 wideband, if not open a support ticket. Nobody is telling you to spend more $ to buy an AEM.
    That's it. I don't have the Pro feature set---I have Track Addict and Race Render
    2.8/3.0/3.2 Pulley/ZZP CAI/1.6 HS Rockers/Hi Energy Comp Cam 76-802-9/LS7 Lifters/ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler/TOG Headers/Triple Edge Performance Stage 3 Transmission/3.29 Ratio/NGK TR6ix IRIDIUM .40 GAP/ZZP Fuel Rails/ZEX 100 shot NOS/GMPP Sway Bars/KYB Adjustable Struts/Power Stop Performance Pads/Rotors

Pro feature set is the biggest rip off in the tuning industry right now. HPTuners doesn't care about supporting people who have already paid for their product, they are more interested in finding new customers to hopefully pull the wool over their eyes and get them to spend too much money for two analog inputs.

Tuner in Training
    I have a mpvi pro and a mpvi 2 with a link. I've read that if I send you both units you can transfer everything from my old unit to the new unit. But in reading that you guys don't return the old units. Is this true. And is the new pro feature more than the link or is it a different unit all together.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by jus1975 View Post
    I have a mpvi pro and a mpvi 2 with a link. I've read that if I send you both units you can transfer everything from my old unit to the new unit. But in reading that you guys don't return the old units. Is this true. And is the new pro feature more than the link or is it a different unit all together.
    Correct, we offer this is a FREE service and we do NOT return your MPVI1 once we've combined the licenses onto the MPVI2.

Pro feature set is a software update that allows you to use the pro link, in the future we hope to add additional features as well.

Advanced Tuner
    Correct, we offer this is a FREE service and we do NOT return your MPVI1 once we've combined the licenses onto the MPVI2.

Pro feature set is a software update that allows you to use the pro link, in the future we hope to add additional features as well.
    A majority of the features the Pro version is supposed to have, doesn't even work now. Now you're saying "hope" to add additional features. That's a pretty disingenuous claim you have there. The ONLY thing the Pro Link and feature set is good for, is analog logging. Most people are using Serial or CAN buss logging. You guys dropped the ball on that one.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by danmw2003 View Post
    A majority of the features the Pro version is supposed to have, doesn't even work now. Now you're saying "hope" to add additional features. That's a pretty disingenuous claim you have there. The ONLY thing the Pro Link and feature set is good for, is analog logging. Most people are using Serial or CAN buss logging. You guys dropped the ball on that one.
    "At the initial launch, Pro Feature Set will give you the ability to use Pro Link, and Expander Hub." this is stated in the original post. There was nothing else promised at launch.

Tuner

Wait... why don't you return the hardware that the customer paid for? Those things were/are expensive, and considering the customer paid for them, they own them. That seems kind of obtuse.

Tuner
    "At the initial launch, Pro Feature Set will give you the ability to use Pro Link, and Expander Hub." this is stated in the original post. There was nothing else promised at launch.
    But if I am not mistaken, there have been things promised after launch, right?

Advanced Tuner
    When will the expander hub be available?
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    When will the expander hub be available?
    The original date was Q1 of last year. Complete radio silence for the last 18 months which has me concerned it's just dead. I completely understand release dates slipping when it comes to new hardware, I struggle to understand the radio silence. Anytime we've had hardware slip in the places I've worked we over communicate with customers with status updates. The reasonable ones appreciate it, the unreasonable ones are going to be unreasonable no matter what you do.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by SFC View Post
    The original date was Q1 of last year. Complete radio silence for the last 18 months which has me concerned it's just dead. I completely understand release dates slipping when it comes to new hardware, I struggle to understand the radio silence. Anytime we've had hardware slip in the places I've worked we over communicate with customers with status updates. The reasonable ones appreciate it, the unreasonable ones are going to be unreasonable no matter what you do.
    Unfortunately expander hub has been delayed indefinitely, if that status changes we will be sure to update on all of our social media platforms.

I purchased the pro feature set I got the link cable in the mail but no instructions on how to use or download the features

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by lnsper View Post
    I purchased the pro feature set I got the link cable in the mail but no instructions on how to use or download the features

unfortunately......there are no features beyond using analog. Even more frustrating they have no ETA, which they will pop in this thread eventually with a NO ETA for anything you paid for....sorry man.

Tuner in Training
    what a bunch of scammers.

Potential Tuner
    Can someone from HPTuners please provide the current timeline for having the remaining pro features released. I understand that delays happen, but a current project timeline should be available for customers that purchased the pro features and ones that are planning to.

Thanks