Thread: P0219A and P0219B Fuel Imbalance codes after 2nd run cycle

Tuner in Training

Question P0219A and P0219B Fuel Imbalance codes after 2nd run cycle

2013 GT 5.0 Boss Airaid no insert no cats VVT 1 3799.hpt

I've attached what I've tuned. 2013 GT Boss IM Airaid Intake no cats. At different stages of tuning I'm getting P0219A codes. Stock its good. Tuned by others it never had an issue.

I have no idea why its doing it. I've looked at everything I can think of. I've done a few things like zero out the fuel imbalance areas, it still does it.

Mode 6 data is picking up the code on the 2nd drive cycle as a confirmed code set. It will set a P0219A or P0219B but never both, one or the other.

Has anyone ever seen this or solved this? I'm at a loss and a stand still. Its not even a major change to the tune. Its pretty basic, I hit all the high points. It runs great, it could be better.

I don't see anything in any logs that stands out. Everything looks normal.

Senior Tuner
    Have you tried a crank relearn?

Tuner in Training
    Yes, 2 times. No joy.

Advanced Tuner
    have you checked for
    Leaking or contaminated fuel injectors ,Low fuel pressure, Exhaust or intake air system leaks? are you running rear o2's without cats? i would look into those areas.. i see in your tune you didnt change your 02 time constant or o2 time delay, try increasing them by 15-20% see if that helps..
    Last edited by mstang_man; 02-25-2018 at 08:44 PM. Reason: forgot to type thngs

Tuner in Training
    I removed the intake man and clean all the seals. Cleaned and reseated all the injectors. Swapped injectors left to right. Codes still favor P0219A. Loaded the SCT tune it was running, works great.

I did not change the o2 time because it has the stock headers and stock o2 location. Rear o2's are off as are the normal rear o2 functions.

Checked over the exhaust again.
    Checked all the lines on the intake for leaks, didn't find any.

Advanced Tuner
    if you can send me the SCT file and your current HPT file and i can take a look. [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Email sent. Thank you.

Senior Tuner
    Set your base fuel > override target lambda back to 1.

Check your spark plugs for condition and gap.

Tuner in Training
    The plugs area great idea they have about 20k on this set. I planned on changing every 20k anyways. I'll do those soon. The target override is a great idea also, I'll add that to the next to do list. Thank you.

i changed a few things. FIM tables everything below 1.00 to 1.00. Change the Fuel transient lower RPM settings to a boss silver key tune table. I also added 10% to transport delay table. Changed enrichment rate to .100, stock .050, I had it set for .850.

So far so good. No code or pending code. 3 drive cycles. I need to peak at the mode 6 data to see what it looks like for the fuel imbalance monitor.

Attached is the tune changes and a log I got going to Cars and Coffee.

2013 GT 5.0 Boss Airaid no insert no cats VVT FIM Transport 4 3799.hpt
    18-03-03 06-00-04.hpl

Tuner in Training
    4th drive cycle the code was pending. Still bank one.

I changed the plugs last night. All removed plugs were gapped normal. No issues with plugs.

Driving again to see if it sets with the new plugs.

Potential Tuner
    turn off FAOSC.

I got this code after swapping clutch (~150 miles), I've had no cats for a long time and no issues. Logged and saw 10% LTFT on one side. Reset the code and it came back. I see murfie's recommendation for crank relearn and then talk about sparkplugs. I was going to troubleshoot - swap O2 sensors from left to right etc. but after reading this I have more questions. What do you guys recommend?

Tuner in Training
    That car is gone. Traded. I ended up turning off the DTC for both of them to No Error Reported.

I reset the cat setting back to stock for the new owner of that car. He's not said anything since I loaded the tune changes.

OK thanks, I read more and found that code means afr imbalance between cylinders on a single bank (so atleast one cylinder is lean or rich). I have a positive 10% LTFT at idle so I?m thinking this means it senses lean on average leading me to think I have an injector not spraying as much as the other. I rarely drive the car so the gas has been in the tank for months. I?m going to put fresh gas in along with some injector cleaner and monitor

Tuner in Training
    That sounds like a good plan. Injectors were next for me. I did swap them right to left. No change, error stayed with the same side. I ruled out injectors with a swap. I did get a set just in case.

Bad gas might be the issue. Nobody seemed to have this code before. There was not much help in the interwebs.

Quote Originally Posted by GapRider View Post
    OK thanks, I read more and found that code means afr imbalance between cylinders on a single bank (so atleast one cylinder is lean or rich).

Are you sure about that?

How can the PCM discern that? Its only ability to sense combustion mixture is from a single O2 sensor, after the collector.

Senior Tuner
    When its transport delay learn logic doesn't come to a definitive value.

Quote Originally Posted by CCS86 View Post
    Are you sure about that?

How can the PCM discern that? Its only ability to sense combustion mixture is from a single O2 sensor, after the collector.
    Screenshot_20181107-173610_Drive.jpg

That?s exactly the document I read Witt

Well, the Sea foam fixed my CEL. I stopped by Oreilly's on the way home and asked for the fuel injector cleaner the man at the counter recommended, a customer overheard and said 'Seafoam!'. I bought it, walked out to the car, cranked it up and the CEL is gone, I didn't even have to put the Seafoam in the tank, just had to buy it. I wish all things worked that well.
    2019 C7 Stingray M7 - long tube headers, 6.30/6.22 226/238 cam, supporting stuff, DOD and VVT delete.
    Stock everything else