Thread: Gen2 coyote swap fuel pump prime time

Gen2 coyote swap fuel pump prime time

Hello all, I've got a slight issue I can't quite figure out. Gen2 coyote with ford racing control pack, the fuel pump prime is roughly 1-1.5 seconds. Problem is I need it to prime for about 3 seconds to build enough fuel pressure to start cleanly. I've messed with a few things in the fuel system side of the tune, but can't figure out how just to add a couple seconds to the prime time. Any ideas or input?

Advanced Tuner
    Instead of trying to increase the prime time, try increasing the Cranking Fuel Mass by 5 or 10% in Fuel > General.

Advanced Tuner
    I think there might be something else going on, watch your fuel pressure and see how long it takes to drop back down after priming or running. These should start fine with the standard prime timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    Instead of trying to increase the prime time, try increasing the Cranking Fuel Mass by 5 or 10% in Fuel > General.
    Ok thanks, I will try this and see if it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by B E N View Post
    I think there might be something else going on, watch your fuel pressure and see how long it takes to drop back down after priming or running. These should start fine with the standard prime timing.
    It's a 60s galaxie with an external pump. The standard prime time will only achieve about 15psi of fuel pressure. Then it does drop back to 0 after 10 seconds or so.

Advanced Tuner
    I'd absolutely try and do a 320 lph in-tank pump with a one way check valve and a Holley hydramat. That should easily build 60 psi in less than a second, and keep the pressure while cranking.
    2009.5 PBM G8 GXP M6 W/Roof-Self tune, OBX LTs, Kooks axleback, LSA blower, cam,
    Monster LT1-SC clutch, flex fuel, 12 psi [email protected] 1,800 D.A
    2007 TBSS-Self tune, bolt ons [email protected], 1,900 D.A
    1991 GMC Syclone- Self tune/catback 12.8@104, 4,200ft D.A