Thread: Anyone Tuning 2018 f150 2.7?s

Tuner in Training

Anyone Tuning 2018 f150 2.7?s

I already have a mpvi2 for my cts-v looking to see if anyone on here tunes the f150s. Id rather buy the credits for $200 instead of buying a handheld with canned tunes.

Im pretty familiar with editor for gm but have never messed with ford is it similar? The 10 speed also seems somewhat intimidating so id rather just pay someone to do it right the first time.

Tuner
    Many people on here tune F-150’s including the 2.7. I’m not sure how much carries over from GM -> Ford, but pretty much all Ford vehicles 2015 and newer use largely the same ecu logic. The Ford logic can be frustrating when you first get into it due to the number of redundant checks Ford has setup, and it’s not always very obvious what values affect a limit you’re running into.

If you want to take a look at it and see what your getting into metroplex’s SHO tuning guide is a good starting point (though it’s based on the older ‘11-‘14 logic, a lot still carries over to current). Read the tune out of the F-150 you’re looking at tuning, go through his guide, do a lot, then start looking up or posting questions you have.