Thread: Blank Ecu into 05 Colorado 5.3 swap,

Potential Tuner

Question Blank Ecu into 05 Colorado 5.3 swap,

So I have a 05 Colorado swapping a 5.3 vortec with a turbo for added fun. Ecu and harness are all set for the standard go to 06 Trail blazer SS. I m just wanting to make sure I have the process outlined correctly. I plan on flashing with TIS the Blank ECU for the base 06 Trailblazer SS.. Tossing Vats and all that good stuff out the door. Updating VIN to Match the Colorado at the same time as swapping OS for a 2 bar map system.. Am I on the right path? Or is there a cleaner way?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    do you need the vin to match the vehicle? your disabling vats which makes the vin check null. if you dont need the vin to match then dont risk flashing in an alternate vin because thats going to cost you more credits and you run the risk of a vin to os mismatch.

OS upgrades are free. Sounds like you found the one you want which is good. When you get to that OS make sure you dont record the map sensor channel. you need to record map sensor-2 bar since that is the OS you have decided to go with. Verify the map sensor settings fit your installed sensor after the OS swap, and make sure you disable the maf sensor and go into SD mode. The OS upgrade doesnt force SD, you can still run a maf but for initial tuning just go in there and shut it down. Install your injector data to match your system pressure and flow data sheets (if changing them), and install a wideband and shut the trim system down. its pretty easy to setup for the most part.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

If the 2006 computer is a E40 I think the standard map channel reads all the way to 255kpa.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    i thought it was p59 but its been a while so could be right.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    Yes the ECU is an E40, We have emissions testing and for ODB2 vechicles it is a straight MIL,Monitor test through the DLC. Vin has to match the registration

Potential Tuner
    Here is another thought, can you change the 05 Colorado OS to 2bar and segment swap to control the 5.3? Anyone ever tried that?