Thread: roush os, what is this limit?

Advanced Tuner

roush os, what is this limit?

I was working on a roush charged 2017 gt today and around 6900 it seems to hit some limiter and ignition timing drops 9 degrees, but i cant seem to find what limit it is?

here is the log
    dyno6.hpl

here is the hpt
    tune1100oct.hpt

this is the "stock" roush tune
    tune0roush.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Id start by increasing your driver demand in column "90". Multiply by 1.08.

ddincrease.JPG

Add ETC Area and Throttle Angle Error to your channel list in the scanner. Normally when you go WOT, your throttle body opens to 82 degrees and your ETC Area begins at a low number like 4, and it gradually increases to 40 or 50^2 until you let off the pedal. What's happening is, your throttle body opens to 82 degrees, and your ETC Area begins at 4 and gradually increases, but in the middle of your pull, ETC area decreases, closing your throttle body. Your driver demand is your limiter.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    Id start by increasing your driver demand in column "90". Multiply by 1.08.

ddincrease.JPG

Add ETC Area and Throttle Angle Error to your channel list in the scanner. Normally when you go WOT, your throttle body opens to 82 degrees and your ETC Area begins at a low number like 4, and it gradually increases to 40 or 50^2 until you let off the pedal. What's happening is, your throttle body opens to 82 degrees, and your ETC Area begins at 4 and gradually increases, but in the middle of your pull, ETC area decreases, closing your throttle body. Your driver demand is your limiter.
    im not seeing the throttle close more than 0.08* and is for a very short moment, where are you seeing it close?

Tuner
    Driver Demand table is ignored as soon as Throttle Control Pedal state enters WOT. Im running a stock DD with 800RW, drives like stock and pulls like a Train up to the limiter. Your engine goes in TQ based deceleration shortly before 7k rpm. Changing your DFCO back to stock might be a good idea, as this is the only strange thing I see in your cal.

Tuner
    What Hardware setup are you running ?

Advanced Tuner
    I'm not sure about it ignoring driver demand completely. Torque source says driver demand and the torque ratio tables still play a role even at WOT.

If his driver demand was higher, his car would probably run different, run better and show more engine brake torque.

edit, not saying raising driver demand will fix the problem, just a starting point. I came across this before, just trying to find the log and file.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Town-GT View Post
    What Hardware setup are you running ?
    its a 2017 auto gt with a roush sc kit, we eliminated the cats and it has the noisiest borla catback, its all on 100 octane fuel and the dyno graph you can see the step down on power, i would upload it but for some reason its not letting me

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    I'm not sure about it ignoring driver demand completely. Torque source says driver demand and the torque ratio tables still play a role even at WOT.

If his driver demand was higher, his car would probably run different, run better and show more engine brake torque.

edit, not saying raising driver demand will fix the problem, just a starting point. I came across this before, just trying to find the log and file.
    Interesting finding, However according to ECM 44373 / 44374 DD is first partly ignored, but as soon as Pedal is at WOT end it is completly ignored. I will give it a test on the dyno in future. Torque source driver demand to my knowlege is perfectly fine, just means that the driver is interacting with the Pedal, and the PCM is in return working with this signal, as long as no other limitation sources are signaling a different status. Example Torque sources like: Trans Shift modulation, TQ+ from Trans, Idle Speed limit etc etc. Would be cool to see more about your findings in this direction.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mJolnir View Post
    its a 2017 auto gt with a roush sc kit, we eliminated the cats and it has the noisiest borla catback, its all on 100 octane fuel and the dyno graph you can see the step down on power, i would upload it but for some reason its not letting me
    What Pulley size are you running?
    And what type of Intake ?
    Last edited by G-Town-GT; 09-06-2018 at 01:47 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    What Pulley size are you running?
    And what type of Intake ?
    85mm pulley and stage 1 intake

Tuner
    Seeing the same thing on my 18 f150 with a Roush. I raised the rev limiter and that was like a dadadada when hit but now at about 6900 hitting a limiter feels like a pause or something different than normal. Curious what you found

Tuner
    Found limiters in the trans seemed to fix it

Driver Demand table is ignored as soon as Throttle Control Pedal state enters WOT
    I tend to disagree. I find that DD is still used @WOT as you still need to project your torque for calculations like IPC.
    Requested torque @WOT doesn't come from nowhere - it's coming form DD.

This is one of the biggest misconceptions about Ford Torque Model.