Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Car is ignoring my torque table changes

Quote Originally Posted by MRRPMBRP View Post
    Looks like some graph points in geometry.
    What is needed is the actual formula to enter into HPT for a 0-5v linear sensor, or at least I think that's what HPT needs.
    Not sure what is needed to get there. Be nice to know though, there's shitloads of 0-5v sensors we could wire in, if someone knew the formulas for differing sensors. They say in their help section to let them know about different sensors, they'll add common ones, but they don't seem to want to, don't blame them, they busy working on new vehicles.

Dude, I gave you the formula.

It seems like your eyes are glazing over when you smell math. If you can tune a PCM, I believe you could fully understand this level of math with a little bit of effort.

Murfie took the formula I gave you and generated the HPT math parameter for you. A "thanks" would be nice, since we did the work you were unwilling to do yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrooks98 View Post
    I'm hoping something can be done with this. I'm currently using the AC sensor input. I'm going to try turning on the Fuel rail temp setting in SCT and see what that does as far as available parameters, that pin I know and isn't used. Hopefully support will work with us on getting something like that going for MAP/FP/ Fuel temp etc.

Oh man, that would be sweet. Keep us posted!

I emailed support specifically about the [ECM] 44204 - MAP Sensor: Master enable/disable for MAP Sensor. to see if they have knowledge about which data channel it is associated with, and which physical PCM pin is referenced. Fingers crossed.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS86 View Post
    Dude, I gave you the formula.

It seems like your eyes are glazing over when you smell math. If you can tune a PCM, I believe you could fully understand this level of math with a little bit of effort.

Murfie took the formula I gave you and generated the HPT math parameter for you. A "thanks" would be nice, since we did the work you were unwilling to do yourself.
    You hit the nail on the head with that one, they do glaze over.

I can understand the math no problem, it's the expressions that give me a fit. Numbers & logic was created before we were, it's man that had to write it down & express it to one another, and the expressions are lacking at times, IMO.

And thanks for all the input from anyone that helps with this stuff! I have learned a lot on here, enough to tune my 14 GT500, and another Procharged 18 Mustang for a guy that works here. I try to help back when I can. Biggest mistake people make is changing too much stuff, when not needed.

I will try the math as soon as I get a chance to see how it works & reply back.

Advanced Tuner
    Oh man, that would be sweet. Keep us posted!

I emailed support specifically about the [ECM] 44204 - MAP Sensor: Master enable/disable for MAP Sensor. to see if they have knowledge about which data channel it is associated with, and which physical PCM pin is referenced. Fingers crossed.
    People in the know, say it's not possible.
    I haven't tried it myself, but have asked guys that are way smarter than me, & deeper into it, they say it's not possible.

It's definitely possible. Copperhead ecus do it for other platforms, so the code to do some of it is already available(fuel pressure/temp that is).Map pressure might not be as easy if it's never been designed to be directly inputted. The fact there is a switch is promising though.

It might never happen as it probably takes modifying custom code into the coyote strategy and that may not be something HP tuners or anyone else wants to dig into. If you've seen any of the opensource Tephra Patches,cobb/ecutek, or a DSMLink you'll see they've basically written their own code from the ground up using the OEM hardware and just about anything is possible.
    Last edited by bbrooks98; 11-21-2018 at 09:45 AM.
    2011 Mustang GT TT A6
    1998 Eclipse GSX Awd

Advanced Tuner
    Got the sensor back installed on my 14 GT500, here is the boxes to enter the formula in, there are two boxes to enter numbers into, how do I enter one formula into two boxes?

3bar.jpg

Got the sensor back installed on my 14 GT500, here is the boxes to enter the formula in, there are two boxes to enter numbers into, how do I enter one formula into two boxes?

3bar.jpg

It's weird that they have the slope as division, not multiplication.

I guess it would be:

input / 0.0152 + (-5.444)

Advanced Tuner
    It's weird that they have the slope as division, not multiplication.

I guess it would be:

input / 0.0152 + (-5.444)
    That seems to work!
    Reading 99-100kpa sitting still, key on, engine off. Reading while running too. I will hook some manual gauges too, see if they correspond.

I think Murphys file would also work, but I can't see where to put it. Under transform for the sensor, it looks for a transform.xml file, not a MathParameter.xml as his is.

That seems to work!
    Reading 99-100kpa sitting still, key on, engine off. Reading while running too. I will hook some manual gauges too, see if they correspond.

I think Murphys file would also work, but I can't see where to put it. Under transform for the sensor, it looks for a transform.xml file, not a MathParameter.xml as his is.

You could set the transform to be [ input / 1 + 0 ], then use Murfie's math parameter to do the transform. Either way should work.

Advanced Tuner
    You could set the transform to be [ input / 1 + 0 ], then use Murfie's math parameter to do the transform. Either way should work.
    Ok, Not sure where to put that file.

You don't need to put it anywhere. Download it. Go to Scanner, then maths, and import the file into one of your math slots. Then point the math to the correct sensor channel.

... or just use the transform I gave you.

Advanced Tuner
    You don't need to put it anywhere. Download it. Go to Scanner, then maths, and import the file into one of your math slots. Then point the math to the correct sensor channel.

... or just use the transform I gave you.
    I got the file put in under user math one. Not sure what to do with it after that.
    I am currently using your math, works, but I must choose some kind of parameter, (I have an AEM 3bar map sensor chosen) this makes the display read in kpa, which is fine, but it can't be changed for some reason.